Recent cars are more and more outfitted with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well suffer the negatives. The majority of us are not convenient with anything electrical on our Mercedes Classe C, even morehandling the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and especially to find the fuse of the horn on your Mercedes Classe C. To achieve this, first, we will see in which circumstances it can be relevant to change the fuse of the horn of your Mercedes Classe C, then where is the fuse of the horn of your Mercedes Classe C .
Why change the horn fuse to Mercedes Classe C?
So let’s start our article on the location of the horn fuse of your Mercedes Classe C by the interest of changing it. You might have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car horn, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. It is essential to know that a fuse acts as a security device to avoid overvoltage on your Mercedes Classe C . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and examine that the filament is still intact with a simple visual control. In general, one will want to change the fuse of the horn of a Mercedes Classe C when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is functioning effectively, it might be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the horn fuse on Mercedes Classe C?
We will now look for the location of the horn fuse on your Mercedes Classe C . The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the resolve operation of your horn. We will take it in turns to help you discover the fuse for your Mercedes Classe C horn.
Replace the fuse inside the horn of your Mercedes Classe C
We will first look into the inner fuse of the horn of your Mercedes Classe C. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the manual of your Mercedes Classe C.
- Go through the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the fuse of the horn of your Mercedes Classe C , it should be noted as “horn”.
- Remove the fuse from the horn attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it’s faulty, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case skip to the last part of this article and verify your horn. As a last solution, you can take your car to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change the fuse on your car horn, reassemble and test your horn.
Changing the horn fuse relay on your Mercedes Classe C
At last, we will now see how to verify the status of the horn relay in your car. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Mercedes Classe C, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the location of the horn relay, or your instruction manuals if you can’t discover it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your horn, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to discover the fuse of your car horn , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Mercedes Classe C, or the car radio fuse Mercedes Classe C, do not hesitate to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To find more tips on the Mercedes Classe C, take a look at the Mercedes Classe C category.