Recent cars are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we unfortunately also suffer the down sides. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Kia Sportage, even morehandling the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and especially to find the fuse of the horn on your Kia Sportage. To get this done, first, we will discover in which circumstances it can be important to change the fuse of the horn of your Kia Sportage, then where is the fuse of the horn of your Kia Sportage .
Why change the horn fuse to Kia Sportage?
So let’s begin our article on the location of the horn fuse of your Kia Sportage by the interest of changing it. You might have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your motor vehicle horn, it is really possible that the fuse is the cause. It is essential to know that a fuse acts as a security device to avoid overvoltage on your Kia Sportage . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual control. Generally speaking, one will want to change the fuse of the horn of a Kia Sportage when it will no longer work for no apparent cause . If your battery is working effectively, it may be the fuse that is causing your problem.
Where is the horn fuse on Kia Sportage?
We will now look for the location of the horn fuse on your Kia Sportage . The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the resolve operation of your horn. We will take it in turns to help you discover the fuse for your Kia Sportage horn.
Replace the fuse inside the horn of your Kia Sportage
We will first look into the inner fuse of the horn of your Kia Sportage. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t discover it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the guidebook of your Kia Sportage.
- Go through the guidebook on the cover of the fuse box to discover the fuse of the horn of your Kia Sportage , it should be noted as “horn”.
- Take out the fuse from the horn cautiously with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it’s faulty, change it with a new fuse, in any other case skip to the last part of this article and verify your horn. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your auto technician so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change the fuse on your motor vehicle horn, reassemble and test your horn.
Changing the horn fuse relay on your Kia Sportage
Finally, we will now discover how to verify the status of the horn relay in your motor vehicle. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Kia Sportage, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the location of the horn relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t discover it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your horn, or change it with a new one
You now know how to discover the fuse of your car horn , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Kia Sportage, or the car radio fuse Kia Sportage, do not hesitate to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more guides on the Kia Sportage, go to our Kia Sportage category.