Modern vehicles are more and more loaded with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well suffer the disadvantages. Many people are not convenient with anything electrical on our Ford Galaxy, even morehandling the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and especially to find the fuse of the horn on your Ford Galaxy. To get this done, first, we will find out in which circumstances it can be important to change the fuse of the horn of your Ford Galaxy, then where is the fuse of the horn of your Ford Galaxy .
Why change the horn fuse to Ford Galaxy?
So let’s start our content on the location of the horn fuse of your Ford Galaxy by the interest of changing it. You might have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car horn, it is very possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is essential to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to avoid overvoltage on your Ford Galaxy . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and examine that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual check. Generally, one will want to change the fuse of the horn of a Ford Galaxy when it will no longer work for no apparent reason . If your battery is functioning properly, it may be the fuse that is causing your problem.
Where is the horn fuse on Ford Galaxy?
We will now look for the place of the horn fuse on your Ford Galaxy . The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the correct operation of your horn. We will take it in turns to help you locate the fuse for your Ford Galaxy horn.
Change the fuse inside the horn of your Ford Galaxy
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of the horn of your Ford Galaxy. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the instruction manual of your Ford Galaxy.
- Browse the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the fuse of the horn of your Ford Galaxy , it should be noted as “horn”.
- Remove the fuse from the horn attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it’s faulty, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case skip to the last component of this content and verify your horn. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the fuse on your car horn, reassemble and test your horn.
Changing the horn fuse relay on your Ford Galaxy
Finally, we will now find out how to verify the status of the horn relay in your car. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Ford Galaxy, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the location of the horn relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t locate it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your horn, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to locate the fuse of your car horn , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Ford Galaxy, or the car radio fuse Ford Galaxy, do not hesitate to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more guides on the Ford Galaxy, go to our Ford Galaxy category.