Recent vehicles are more and more outfitted with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably as well suffer the down sides. Most people are not convenient with anything electrical on our Citroen Saxo, even morehandling the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to find the fuse of the horn on your Citroen Saxo. To achieve this, first, we will discover in which scenarios it can be important to replace the fuse of the horn of your Citroen Saxo, then where is the fuse of the horn of your Citroen Saxo .
Why replace the horn fuse to Citroen Saxo?
So let’s begin our content on the location of the horn fuse of your Citroen Saxo by the interest of changing it. You may have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car horn, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is essential to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to avoid overvoltage on your Citroen Saxo . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and examine that the filament is still intact with a simple visual control. Generally, one will want to replace the fuse of the horn of a Citroen Saxo when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is functioning properly, it may be the fuse that is producing your problem.
Where is the horn fuse on Citroen Saxo?
We will now search for the place of the horn fuse on your Citroen Saxo . The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the solve operation of your horn. We will take it in turns to help you locate the fuse for your Citroen Saxo horn.
Change the fuse inside the horn of your Citroen Saxo
We will first focus on the inner fuse of the horn of your Citroen Saxo. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the manual of your Citroen Saxo.
- Go through the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the fuse of the horn of your Citroen Saxo , it should be noted as “horn”.
- Take out the fuse from the horn cautiously with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it’s defective, change it with a new fuse, otherwise skip to the last component of this content and check your horn. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you replace the fuse on your car horn, reassemble and test your horn.
Replacing the horn fuse relay on your Citroen Saxo
At last, we will now discover how to check the status of the horn relay in your car. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Citroen Saxo, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the location of the horn relay, or your user manual if you can’t locate it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your horn, or change it with a new one
You now know how to locate the fuse of your car horn , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Citroen Saxo, or the car radio fuse Citroen Saxo, do not think twice to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more tutorials on the Citroen Saxo, go to our Citroen Saxo category.