Recent cars are more and more loaded with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly as well suffer the negatives. Many people are not convenient with anything electrical on our BMW X3, even morehandling the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and specifically to find the fuse of the horn on your BMW X3. To do this, first, we will see in which scenarios it can be important to replace the fuse of the horn of your BMW X3, then where is the fuse of the horn of your BMW X3 .
Why replace the horn fuse to BMW X3?
So let’s begin our article on the location of the horn fuse of your BMW X3 by the interest of changing it. You might have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car horn, it is very possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is necessary to know that a fuse acts as a security device to avoid overvoltage on your BMW X3 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual check. Generally speaking, one will want to replace the fuse of the horn of a BMW X3 when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is working effectively, it might be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the horn fuse on BMW X3?
We will now search for the location of the horn fuse on your BMW X3 . The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the solve operation of your horn. We will take it in turns to help you discover the fuse for your BMW X3 horn.
Change the fuse inside the horn of your BMW X3
We will first concentrate on the inner fuse of the horn of your BMW X3. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the manual of your BMW X3.
- Go through the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the fuse of the horn of your BMW X3 , it should be noted as “horn”.
- Take out the fuse from the horn attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it’s defective, change it with a new fuse, otherwise skip to the last part of this article and verify your horn. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you replace the fuse on your car horn, reassemble and test your horn.
Replacing the horn fuse relay on your BMW X3
At last, we will now see how to verify the status of the horn relay in your car. To do this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your BMW X3, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the location of the horn relay, or your instruction manuals if you can’t discover it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your horn, or change it with a new one
You now know how to discover the fuse of your car horn , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on BMW X3, or the car radio fuse BMW X3, do not hesitate to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To find more tips on the BMW X3, take a look at the BMW X3 category.