Recent cars are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly as well suffer the disadvantages. Many of us are not convenient with anything electrical on our Audi Q5, even morehandling the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and specifically to find the fuse of the horn on your Audi Q5. To do this, first, we will find out in which circumstances it can be relevant to replace the fuse of the horn of your Audi Q5, then where is the fuse of the horn of your Audi Q5 .
Why replace the horn fuse to Audi Q5?
So let’s start our content on the location of the horn fuse of your Audi Q5 by the interest of changing it. You might have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car horn, it is extremely possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is essential to know that a fuse acts as a security device to avoid overvoltage on your Audi Q5 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and examine that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. Generally speaking, one will want to replace the fuse of the horn of a Audi Q5 when it will no longer work for no apparent reason . If your battery is functioning properly, it may be the fuse that is producing your issue.
Where is the horn fuse on Audi Q5?
We will now look for the place of the horn fuse on your Audi Q5 . The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the solve operation of your horn. We will take it in turns to help you locate the fuse for your Audi Q5 horn.
Change the fuse inside the horn of your Audi Q5
We will first look into the inner fuse of the horn of your Audi Q5. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the instruction manual of your Audi Q5.
- Read the guidebook on the cover of the fuse box to locate the fuse of the horn of your Audi Q5 , it should be noted as “horn”.
- Take out the fuse from the horn carefully with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it’s defective, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case skip to the last component of this content and check your horn. As a last solution, you can take your car to your auto technician so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your issue.
- After you replace the fuse on your car horn, reassemble and test your horn.
Replacing the horn fuse relay on your Audi Q5
Finally, we will now find out how to check the status of the horn relay in your car. To do this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Audi Q5, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the location of the horn relay, or your instruction manuals if you can’t locate it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your horn, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to locate the fuse of your car horn , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Audi Q5, or the car radio fuse Audi Q5, do not think twice to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Audi Q5, do not hesitate to consult our Audi Q5 category.