Shock absorbers are one of the most essential elements of a car’s performance, so it’s important to make sure they’re always in good functioning order. However, it’s not easy to know when to change the shock absorbers of your Volkswagen Rabbit? That’s exactly why our team has posted this article to help you find an answer to this question. First, we will find out why it is important to change the shock absorbers of your motor vehicle, then, when to change the shock absorbers of your Volkswagen Rabbit, and finally, what is the price to change them.
Why change shock absorbers Volkswagen Rabbit?
Before detailing to you when changing the dampers of your Volkswagen Rabbit , we will find out why it can be important to change them. It is not easy to analyze the condition of your shock absorbers, nevertheless, it is important to know the function they play to understand the interest of keeping them in good condition. The shock absorbers on your Volkswagen Rabbit are component of the security features. In fact, they are the ones that will make certain that your vehicle has good road handling, maintaining wheel contact with the ground and balancing the weight of the vehicle evenly. Also the shock absorbers guarantee the driving comfort of your Volkswagen Rabbit , if they are used up you will get tired faster and consequently getting behind the wheel your vehicle will be more dangerous. At last, having shock absorbers in bad condition will accelerate the wear of other parts such as the silent blocks or the tires.
When to change shock absorbers Volkswagen Rabbit?
We will now find out the component that will obviously bring you to this article, when to change the shock absorbers of his Volkswagen Rabbit? After having discovered the value of having shock absorbers in good condition, we will show you how to know if they need to be replaced and when you should think about making this change.
For this, there are not a lot of possibilities, on the other hand we will list the different ways to know when to change the shock absorbers of a Volkswagen Rabbit, here they are:
- We determine that the shock absorbers of a motor vehicle have about 80 000 km of autonomy, so try to know the previous date of shock absorber change if you have a used Volkswagen Rabbit, or to check the kilometers if it’s a first hand.
- We don’t necessarily think about it but the technical control is an efficient technique to know when to change the shock absorbers of your Volkswagen Rabbit. In actual fact, this thorough control of your motor vehicle (specifically since its evolution in 2019) enables to make a good check-up of the condition of a vehicle. In actual fact, it will check on your shock absorbers the presence of leakage, the deformation of the rod, the presence of corrosion, and the fixing of these . If you have some know-how in mechanics you can already look yourself for the presence of oil on the shock absorbers which warns you of a possible leak.
- If you identify that your Volkswagen Rabbit squeaks or has an abnormal behavior in turns or when passing on speed bumps for example, do not be reluctant to check out our article dedicated to this problem. One of these indications can warn you to a pronounced wear of your shock absorbers and consequently the relevance to change them.
- Place your Volkswagen Rabbit on a flat surface and facing the bonnet, check if one of the corners of the car is lower than the others. Do not think twice to use a tape measure to get precise measurements. This can warn you to a deterioration of a shock absorber mounting.
- Verify the wear of the tread of the tires of your Volkswagen Rabbit, in truth if you detect abnormal on the “sidewalls” of your tires it can be a sign of tired shocks.
Now you know the list of control points that exist to know when to change the dampers of your Volkswagen Rabbit .
Price to change shock absorbers Volkswagen Rabbit
And to conclude this guideline we will now see what is the price of changing shock absorbers on a Volkswagen Rabbit . We’re going to separate in two parts, first the shock absorbers replacement at a professional, and then the price of the shock absorbers alone if you want to have them fitted by a friend or yourself, discover below the two simulations:
- Price of the shock absorbers change on Volkswagen Rabbit by a professional: If you change the shock absorbers of your motor vehicle at a professional, we advise you if you have a small budget to go rather to a motor vehicle center like Feu Vert which will offer you prices much less expensive than the garage of your Volkswagen Rabbit dealership. However, if you have a Volkswagen Rabbit with a classic finish you will have to count between 400 and 700 euros depending on the type of garage and rather between 700 and 1000 euros if it is a sports model.
- Price of buying shock absorbers for Volkswagen Rabbit on a specialized site: Finally, if you want to do the change yourself, buying “generic” shock absorbers on specialized sites like oscaro can enable you to make serious savings, for a set of front shock absorbers you will need between 50 and 150 euros, do not think twice to take a look at the offer on Oscaro, and if you want to change the rear shock absorbers it’s rather between 50 and 100 euros, idem, follow the link to get the prices and the different models available.
To get more tips on the Volkswagen Rabbit, take a look at the Volkswagen Rabbit category.