Shock absorbers are one of the most important components of a car’s general performance, so it’s important to make certain they’re always in good working conditions. However, it’s not easy to know when to replace the shock absorbers of your Peugeot 4008? That’s precisely why our team has written this article to help you find an answer to this question. First, we will find out why it is important to replace the shock absorbers of your car, then, when to replace the shock absorbers of your Peugeot 4008, and at last, what is the price to replace them.
Why replace shock absorbers Peugeot 4008?
Before detailing to you when changing the dampers of your Peugeot 4008 , we will find out why it can be important to replace them. It is not easy to analyze the condition of your shock absorbers, nevertheless, it is important to know the purpose they play to discover the interest of keeping them in good condition. The shock absorbers on your Peugeot 4008 are part of the security features. In fact, they are the ones that will make sure that your vehicle has good road handling, maintaining wheel contact with the ground and balancing the weight of the automobile evenly. Additionally the shock absorbers assure the driving comfort of your Peugeot 4008 , if they are worn out you will get tired faster and therefore driving your automobile will be more risky. At last, having shock absorbers in bad condition will accelerate the wear of other auto parts such as the silent blocks or the tires.
When to replace shock absorbers Peugeot 4008?
We will now find out the part that will certainly bring you to this article, when to replace the shock absorbers of his Peugeot 4008? After having seen the importance of having shock absorbers in good condition, we will explain how to know if they need to be replaced and when you should take into consideration making this replace.
For this, there are not a lot of possibilities, nevertheless we will list the different ways to know when to replace the shock absorbers of a Peugeot 4008, here they are:
- We estimate that the shock absorbers of a car have about 80 000 km of lifetime, so try to know the previous date of shock absorber change if you have a used Peugeot 4008, or to check the kilometers if it’s a first hand.
- We don’t necessarily think about it but the technical control is a good way to know when to change the shock absorbers of your Peugeot 4008. In truth, this thorough control of your car (especially since its evolution in 2019) enables to make a good check-up of the condition of a vehicle. In truth, it will check on your shock absorbers the presence of leakage, the deformation of the rod, the presence of corrosion, and the fixing of these . If you have some expertise in mechanics you can already look yourself for the presence of oil on the shock absorbers which alerts you of a possible leak.
- If you perceive that your Peugeot 4008 squeaks or has an abnormal performance in turns or when passing on speed bumps for example, do not hesitate to look at our article focused on to this trouble. One of these indicators can warn you to a pronounced wear of your shock absorbers and therefore the relevance to replace them.
- Place your Peugeot 4008 on a flat surface and struggling with the bonnet, check if one of the corners of the car is lower than the others. Do not think twice to use a tape measure to get precise measurements. This can warn you to a deterioration of a shock absorber mounting.
- Verify the wear of the tread of the tires of your Peugeot 4008, in actual fact if you detect abnormal on the “sidewalls” of your tires it can be a indicator of tired shocks.
Now you know the list of control points that exist to know when to replace the dampers of your Peugeot 4008 .
Price to replace shock absorbers Peugeot 4008
And to finish this content page we will now see what is the price of replacing shock absorbers on a Peugeot 4008 . We’re going to separate in two auto parts, first the shock absorbers replacement at a specialist, and then the price of the shock absorbers alone if you want to have them mounted by a friend or yourself, find below the two simulations:
- Price of the shock absorbers replace on Peugeot 4008 by a specialist: If you replace the shock absorbers of your car at a specialist, we advise you if you have a small budget to go rather to a car center like Feu Vert which will propose you prices much less expensive than the garage area of your Peugeot 4008 dealership. However, if you have a Peugeot 4008 with a classic finish you will have to count between 400 and 700 euros depending on the sort of garage area and rather between 700 and 1000 euros if it is a sports model.
- Price of buying shock absorbers for Peugeot 4008 on a specialized site: Finally, if you want to do the replace yourself, buying “generic” shock absorbers on specialized sites like oscaro can enable you to make serious savings, for a set of front shock absorbers you will need between 50 and 150 euros, do not think twice to take a look at the offer on Oscaro, and if you want to replace the rear shock absorbers it’s rather between 50 and 100 euros, idem, stick to the link to get the prices and the different models available.
If you wish more guides on the Peugeot 4008, go to our Peugeot 4008 category.