Shock absorbers are one of the most important components of a car’s performance, so it’s necessary to make certain they’re always in good working conditions. Nevertheless, it’s not easy to know when to replace the shock absorbers of your Nissan NV? That’s exactly why our team has created this content to help you find an answer to this question. First, we will discover why it is necessary to replace the shock absorbers of your car, then, when to replace the shock absorbers of your Nissan NV, and at last, what is the price to replace them.
Why replace shock absorbers Nissan NV?
Before describing to you when changing the dampers of your Nissan NV , we will discover why it can be necessary to replace them. It is not easy to analyze the state of your shock absorbers, however, it is necessary to know the role they play to understand the interest of keeping them in good state. The shock absorbers on your Nissan NV are component of the security features. In fact, they are the ones that will assure that your car has good road handling, keeping wheel contact with the ground and balancing the weight of the automobile evenly. Moreover the shock absorbers ensure the driving comfort of your Nissan NV , if they are used up you will get tired faster and consequently driving your automobile will be more dangerous. At last, having shock absorbers in bad state will accelerate the wear of other parts such as the silent blocks or the tires.
When to replace shock absorbers Nissan NV?
We will now discover the component that will certainly bring you to this content, when to replace the shock absorbers of his Nissan NV? After having discovered the value of having shock absorbers in good state, we will describe how to know if they need to be replaced and when you should think about making this replace.
To do this, there are not quite a lot of possibilities, nevertheless we will list the different ways to know when to replace the shock absorbers of a Nissan NV, here they are:
- We determine that the shock absorbers of a car have about 80 000 km of autonomy, so try to know the previous date of shock absorber change if you have a used Nissan NV, or to check the kilometers if it’s a first hand.
- We don’t actually think about it but the technical control is a reliable way to know when to change the shock absorbers of your Nissan NV. In fact, this thorough control of your car (specifically since its evolution in 2019) enables to produce a good check-up of the state of a vehicle. In fact, it will check on your shock absorbers the presence of leakage, the deformation of the rod, the presence of corrosion, and the fixing of these . If you have some expertise in mechanics you can already look yourself for the presence of oil on the shock absorbers which alerts you of a possible leak.
- If you detect that your Nissan NV squeaks or has an abnormal performance in turns or when passing on speed bumps for example, do not hesitate to have a look at our content focused on to this trouble. One of these signs can inform you to a pronounced wear of your shock absorbers and consequently the relevance to replace them.
- Place your Nissan NV on a flat surface and facing the bonnet, check if one of the corners of the car is lower than the others. Do not think twice to use a tape measure to get precise measurements. This can inform you to a deterioration of a shock absorber mounting.
- Verify the wear of the tread of the tires of your Nissan NV, in actual fact if you notice abnormal on the “sidewalls” of your tires it can be a sign of tired shocks.
Now you know the list of control points that exist to know when to replace the dampers of your Nissan NV .
Price to replace shock absorbers Nissan NV
And to conclude this content we will now see what is the price of replacing shock absorbers on a Nissan NV . We’re going to separate in two parts, first the shock absorbers replacement at a professional, and then the price of the shock absorbers alone if you want to have them installed by a friend or yourself, discover below the two simulations:
- Price of the shock absorbers replace on Nissan NV by a professional: If you replace the shock absorbers of your car at a professional, we recommend you if you have a small budget to go rather to a car center like Feu Vert which will propose you prices much less expensive than the mechanic of your Nissan NV dealership. Nevertheless, if you have a Nissan NV with a classic finish you will have to count between 400 and 700 euros depending on the sort of mechanic and rather between 700 and 1000 euros if it is a sports model.
- Price of buying shock absorbers for Nissan NV on a specialized site: Finally, if you want to do the replace yourself, buying “generic” shock absorbers on specialized sites like oscaro can enable you to make serious savings, for a set of front shock absorbers you will need between 50 and 150 euros, do not think twice to take a look at the offer on Oscaro, and if you want to replace the rear shock absorbers it’s rather between 50 and 100 euros, idem, adhere to the link to get the prices and the different models available.
To get more tips on the Nissan NV, take a look at the Nissan NV category.