Shock absorbers are one of the most essential components of a car’s performance, so it’s important to make sure they’re always in good functioning conditions. However, it’s not easy to know when to replace the shock absorbers of your Nissan Murano? That’s exactly why our team has made this article to help you find an answer to this question. First, we will discover why it is important to replace the shock absorbers of your motor vehicle, then, when to replace the shock absorbers of your Nissan Murano, and at last, what is the price to change them.
Why replace shock absorbers Nissan Murano?
Before detailing to you when changing the dampers of your Nissan Murano , we will discover why it can be important to replace them. It is not easy to analyze the condition of your shock absorbers, however, it is important to know the purpose they play to discover the benefit of keeping them in good condition. The shock absorbers on your Nissan Murano are component of the safety features. The truth is, they are the ones that will ensure that your vehicle has good road handling, maintaining wheel contact with the ground and balancing the weight of the car evenly. Additionally the shock absorbers ensure the driving comfort of your Nissan Murano , if they are used up you will get tired faster and consequently driving your car will be more dangerous. At last, having shock absorbers in bad condition will accelerate the wear of other components such as the silent blocks or the tires.
When to replace shock absorbers Nissan Murano?
We will now discover the component that will most definitely bring you to this article, when to replace the shock absorbers of his Nissan Murano? After having seen the value of having shock absorbers in good condition, we will describe how to know if they need to be replaced and when you should take into consideration making this replace.
To do this, there are not quite a lot of possibilities, nevertheless we will list the different ways to know when to replace the shock absorbers of a Nissan Murano, here they are:
- We estimate that the shock absorbers of a motor vehicle have about 80 000 km of autonomy, so try to know the previous date of shock absorber change if you have a used Nissan Murano, or to verify the kilometers if it’s a first hand.
- We don’t necessarily think about it but the technical control is an efficient method to know when to change the shock absorbers of your Nissan Murano. Indeed, this thorough control of your motor vehicle (specifically since its evolution in 2019) allows to produce a good check-up of the state of an automobile. Indeed, it will verify on your shock absorbers the presence of leakage, the deformation of the rod, the presence of corrosion, and the fixing of these . If you have some knowledge in mechanics you can already look yourself for the presence of oil on the shock absorbers which alerts you of a possible leak.
- If you identify that your Nissan Murano squeaks or has an abnormal performance in turns or when passing on speed bumps for example, do not be reluctant to examine our article focused on to this trouble. One of these indications can notify you to a pronounced wear of your shock absorbers and consequently the relevance to replace them.
- Place your Nissan Murano on a flat surface and facing the bonnet, verify if one of the corners of the car is lower than the others. Do not hesitate to use a tape measure to get precise measurements. This can notify you to a deterioration of a shock absorber mounting.
- Check the wear of the tread of the tires of your Nissan Murano, in fact if you notice abnormal on the “sidewalls” of your tires it can be a sign of tired shocks.
Now you know the list of control points that exist to know when to replace the dampers of your Nissan Murano .
Price to replace shock absorbers Nissan Murano
And to end this content we will now see what is the price of replacing shock absorbers on a Nissan Murano . We’re going to separate in two auto parts, first the shock absorbers replacement at a specialist, and then the price of the shock absorbers alone if you want to have them installed by a friend or yourself, find below the two simulations:
- Price of the shock absorbers replace on Nissan Murano by a specialist: If you replace the shock absorbers of your motor vehicle at a specialist, we recommend you if you have a small budget to go rather to a motor vehicle center like Feu Vert which will propose you prices much less expensive than the garage of your Nissan Murano dealership. However, if you have a Nissan Murano with a classic finish you will have to count between 400 and 700 euros depending on the type of garage and rather between 700 and 1000 euros if it is a sports model.
- Price of buying shock absorbers for Nissan Murano on a specialized site: Finally, if you want to do the replace yourself, buying “generic” shock absorbers on specialized sites like oscaro can allow you to make significant savings, for a set of front shock absorbers you will need between 50 and 150 euros, do not hesitate to check out the offer on Oscaro, and if you want to replace the rear shock absorbers it’s rather between 50 and 100 euros, idem, stick to the link to get the prices and the different models available.
If you want more tutorials on the Nissan Murano, go to our Nissan Murano category.