Shock absorbers are one of the most important components of a car’s overall performance, so it’s essential to ensure they’re always in good working order. However, it’s not easy to know when to replace the shock absorbers of your Kia Optima? That’s exactly why our team has made this article to help you find an answer to this question. First, we will discover why it is essential to replace the shock absorbers of your car, then, when to replace the shock absorbers of your Kia Optima, and at last, what is the price to change them.
Why replace shock absorbers Kia Optima?
Before detailing to you when changing the dampers of your Kia Optima , we will discover why it can be essential to replace them. It is not easy to analyze the condition of your shock absorbers, nevertheless, it is essential to know the role they play to understand the benefit of keeping them in good condition. The shock absorbers on your Kia Optima are component of the security features. The fact is, they are the ones that will assure that your car has good road handling, maintaining wheel contact with the ground and balancing the weight of the automobile evenly. In addition the shock absorbers assure the driving comfort of your Kia Optima , if they are used up you will get tired faster and therefore getting behind the wheel your automobile will be more risky. Finally, having shock absorbers in bad condition will accelerate the wear of other parts such as the silent blocks or the tires.
When to replace shock absorbers Kia Optima?
We will now discover the component that will obviously bring you to this article, when to replace the shock absorbers of his Kia Optima? After having seen the importance of having shock absorbers in good condition, we will describe how to know if they need to be replaced and when you should think about making this replace.
For this, there are not a lot of possibilities, however we will list the different ways to know when to replace the shock absorbers of a Kia Optima, here they are:
- We determine that the shock absorbers of a car have about 80 000 km of lifetime, so try to know the previous date of shock absorber change if you have a used Kia Optima, or to verify the kilometers if it’s a first hand.
- We don’t necessarily think about it but the technical control is an efficient method to know when to change the shock absorbers of your Kia Optima. Obviously, this thorough control of your car (specifically since its evolution in 2019) enables to produce a good check-up of the state of a car. Obviously, it will verify on your shock absorbers the presence of leakage, the deformation of the rod, the presence of corrosion, and the fixing of these . If you have some knowledge in mechanics you can already look yourself for the presence of oil on the shock absorbers which alerts you of a possible leak.
- If you notice that your Kia Optima squeaks or has an abnormal behavior in turns or when passing on speed bumps for example, do not be reluctant to have a look at our article focused on to this issue. One of these indications can warn you to a pronounced wear of your shock absorbers and therefore the relevance to replace them.
- Place your Kia Optima on a flat surface and struggling with the bonnet, verify if one of the corners of the car is lower than the others. Do not hesitate to use a tape measure to get precise measurements. This can warn you to a deterioration of a shock absorber mounting.
- Check the wear of the tread of the tires of your Kia Optima, in actual fact if you detect abnormal on the “sidewalls” of your tires it can be a indicator of tired shocks.
Now you know the list of control points that exist to know when to replace the dampers of your Kia Optima .
Price to replace shock absorbers Kia Optima
And to conclude this article we will now see what is the price of replacing shock absorbers on a Kia Optima . We’re going to separate in two parts, first the shock absorbers replacement at a professional, and then the price of the shock absorbers alone if you want to have them installed by a friend or yourself, locate below the two simulations:
- Price of the shock absorbers replace on Kia Optima by a professional: If you replace the shock absorbers of your car at a professional, we suggest you if you have a small budget to go rather to a car center like Feu Vert which will propose you prices much less expensive than the garage area of your Kia Optima dealership. However, if you have a Kia Optima with a classic finish you will have to count between 400 and 700 euros depending on the kind of garage area and rather between 700 and 1000 euros if it is a sports model.
- Price of buying shock absorbers for Kia Optima on a specialized site: Finally, if you want to do the replace yourself, buying “generic” shock absorbers on specialized sites like oscaro can allow you to make significant savings, for a set of front shock absorbers you will need between 50 and 150 euros, do not hesitate to take a look at the offer on Oscaro, and if you want to replace the rear shock absorbers it’s rather between 50 and 100 euros, idem, follow the link to get the prices and the different models available.
If you want more guides on the Kia Optima, go to our Kia Optima category.