Shock absorbers are one of the most important elements of a car’s general performance, so it’s necessary to make sure they’re always in good working conditions. However, it’s not easy to know when to replace the shock absorbers of your Ford Escape? That’s exactly why our team has written this article to help you find an answer to this question. First, we will discover why it is necessary to replace the shock absorbers of your motor vehicle, then, when to replace the shock absorbers of your Ford Escape, and finally, what is the price to replace them.
Why replace shock absorbers Ford Escape?
Before describing to you when changing the dampers of your Ford Escape , we will discover why it can be necessary to replace them. It is not easy to analyze the condition of your shock absorbers, nevertheless, it is necessary to know the function they play to discover the interest of keeping them in good condition. The shock absorbers on your Ford Escape are part of the safety features. The fact is, they are the ones that will assure that your vehicle has good road handling, keeping wheel contact with the ground and balancing the weight of the automobile evenly. Moreover the shock absorbers assure the driving comfort of your Ford Escape , if they are worn out you will get tired faster and consequently driving your automobile will be more risky. At last, having shock absorbers in bad condition will accelerate the wear of other components such as the silent blocks or the tires.
When to replace shock absorbers Ford Escape?
We will now discover the part that will certainly bring you to this article, when to replace the shock absorbers of his Ford Escape? After having discovered the importance of having shock absorbers in good condition, we will show you how to know if they need to be replaced and when you should think about making this replace.
For this, there are not quite a lot of possibilities, on the other hand we will list the different ways to know when to replace the shock absorbers of a Ford Escape, here they are:
- We estimate that the shock absorbers of a motor vehicle have about 80 000 km of autonomy, so try to know the previous date of shock absorber change if you have a used Ford Escape, or to check the kilometers if it’s a first hand.
- We don’t actually think about it but the technical control is a good way to know when to change the shock absorbers of your Ford Escape. In fact, this thorough control of your motor vehicle (specifically since its evolution in 2019) enables to make a good check-up of the condition of an automobile. In fact, it will check on your shock absorbers the presence of leakage, the deformation of the rod, the presence of corrosion, and the fixing of these . If you have some know-how in mechanics you can already look yourself for the presence of oil on the shock absorbers which alerts you of a possible leak.
- If you detect that your Ford Escape squeaks or has an abnormal performance in turns or when passing on speed bumps for example, do not think twice to examine our article dedicated to this issue. One of these signs can inform you to a pronounced wear of your shock absorbers and consequently the relevance to replace them.
- Place your Ford Escape on a flat surface and facing the bonnet, check if one of the corners of the car is lower than the others. Do not hesitate to use a tape measure to get precise measurements. This can inform you to a deterioration of a shock absorber mounting.
- Check the wear of the tread of the tires of your Ford Escape, in fact if you detect abnormal on the “sidewalls” of your tires it can be a signal of tired shocks.
Now you know the list of control points that exist to know when to replace the dampers of your Ford Escape .
Price to replace shock absorbers Ford Escape
And to conclude this article content we will now see what is the price of changing shock absorbers on a Ford Escape . We’re going to separate in two parts, first the shock absorbers replacement at a professional, and then the price of the shock absorbers alone if you want to have them installed by a friend or yourself, find below the two simulations:
- Price of the shock absorbers replace on Ford Escape by a professional: If you replace the shock absorbers of your motor vehicle at a professional, we advise you if you have a small budget to go rather to a motor vehicle center like Feu Vert which will offer you prices much less expensive than the mechanic of your Ford Escape dealership. However, if you have a Ford Escape with a classic finish you will have to count between 400 and 700 euros depending on the type of mechanic and rather between 700 and 1000 euros if it is a sports model.
- Price of buying shock absorbers for Ford Escape on a specialized site: Finally, if you want to do the replace yourself, buying “generic” shock absorbers on specialized sites like oscaro can allow you to make real savings, for a set of front shock absorbers you will need between 50 and 150 euros, do not hesitate to check out the offer on Oscaro, and if you want to replace the rear shock absorbers it’s rather between 50 and 100 euros, idem, follow the link to get the prices and the different models available.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Ford Escape, do not hesitate to consult our Ford Escape category.