Shock absorbers are one of the most essential elements of a car’s general performance, so it’s important to make sure they’re always in good working conditions. However, it’s not easy to know when to change the shock absorbers of your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso? That’s precisely why our team has created this content page to help you find an answer to this question. First, we will discover why it is important to change the shock absorbers of your car, then, when to change the shock absorbers of your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso, and finally, what is the price to replace them.
Why change shock absorbers Citroen Grand C4 Picasso?
Before explaining to you when changing the dampers of your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso , we will discover why it can be important to change them. It is not easy to examine the state of your shock absorbers, nevertheless, it is important to know the role they play to figure out the benefit of keeping them in good state. The shock absorbers on your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso are component of the safety features. The truth is, they are the ones that will assure that your car has good road handling, keeping wheel contact with the ground and balancing the weight of the automobile evenly. In addition the shock absorbers guarantee the driving comfort of your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso , if they are worn out you will get tired faster and consequently driving your automobile will be more dangerous. Finally, having shock absorbers in bad state will accelerate the wear of other parts such as the silent blocks or the tires.
When to change shock absorbers Citroen Grand C4 Picasso?
We will now discover the component that will obviously bring you to this content page, when to change the shock absorbers of his Citroen Grand C4 Picasso? After having seen the importance of having shock absorbers in good state, we will show you how to know if they need to be replaced and when you should take into consideration making this change.
To do this, there are not a lot of possibilities, on the other hand we will list the different ways to know when to change the shock absorbers of a Citroen Grand C4 Picasso, here they are:
- We estimate that the shock absorbers of a car have about 80 000 km of lifetime, so try to know the previous date of shock absorber change if you have a used Citroen Grand C4 Picasso, or to verify the kilometers if it’s a first hand.
- We don’t necessarily think about it but the technical control is a good technique to know when to change the shock absorbers of your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso. Obviously, this thorough control of your car (specifically since its evolution in 2019) allows to make a good check-up of the condition of a car. Obviously, it will verify on your shock absorbers the presence of leakage, the deformation of the rod, the presence of corrosion, and the fixing of these . If you have some expertise in mechanics you can already look yourself for the presence of oil on the shock absorbers which alerts you of a possible leak.
- If you detect that your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso squeaks or has an abnormal behavior in turns or when passing on speed bumps for example, do not hesitate to check out our content page focused on to this trouble. One of these symptoms can alert you to a pronounced wear of your shock absorbers and consequently the relevance to change them.
- Place your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso on a flat surface and facing the bonnet, verify if one of the corners of the car is lower than the others. Do not think twice to use a tape measure to get precise measurements. This can alert you to a deterioration of a shock absorber mounting.
- Check the wear of the tread of the tires of your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso, in truth if you identify abnormal on the “sidewalls” of your tires it can be a signal of tired shocks.
Now you know the list of control points that exist to know when to change the dampers of your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso .
Price to change shock absorbers Citroen Grand C4 Picasso
And to finish this guideline we will now see what is the price of replacing shock absorbers on a Citroen Grand C4 Picasso . We’re going to separate in two auto parts, first the shock absorbers replacement at a specialist, and then the price of the shock absorbers alone if you want to have them mounted by a friend or yourself, locate below the two simulations:
- Price of the shock absorbers change on Citroen Grand C4 Picasso by a specialist: If you change the shock absorbers of your car at a specialist, we advise you if you have a small budget to go rather to a car center like Feu Vert which will offer you prices much less expensive than the garage area of your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso dealership. However, if you have a Citroen Grand C4 Picasso with a classic finish you will have to count between 400 and 700 euros depending on the kind of garage area and rather between 700 and 1000 euros if it is a sports model.
- Price of buying shock absorbers for Citroen Grand C4 Picasso on a specialized site: Finally, if you want to do the change yourself, buying “generic” shock absorbers on specialized sites like oscaro can allow you to make decent savings, for a set of front shock absorbers you will need between 50 and 150 euros, do not think twice to check out the offer on Oscaro, and if you want to change the rear shock absorbers it’s rather between 50 and 100 euros, idem, adhere to the link to get the prices and the different models available.
If you wish more tutorials on the Citroen Grand C4 Picasso, go to our Citroen Grand C4 Picasso category.