Shock absorbers are one of the most important elements of a car’s overall performance, so it’s important to make certain they’re always in good working conditions. However, it’s not easy to know when to replace the shock absorbers of your Citroen C-crosser? That’s exactly why our team has written and published this article to help you find an answer to this question. First, we will discover why it is important to replace the shock absorbers of your motor vehicle, then, when to replace the shock absorbers of your Citroen C-crosser, and finally, what is the price to change them.
Why replace shock absorbers Citroen C-crosser?
Before explaining to you when changing the dampers of your Citroen C-crosser , we will discover why it can be important to replace them. It is not easy to measure the condition of your shock absorbers, however, it is important to know the purpose they play to figure out the benefit of keeping them in good condition. The shock absorbers on your Citroen C-crosser are part of the security features. The truth is, they are the ones that will ensure that your vehicle has good road handling, keeping wheel contact with the ground and balancing the weight of the car evenly. Also the shock absorbers ensure the driving comfort of your Citroen C-crosser , if they are worn out you will get tired faster and therefore getting behind the wheel your car will be more dangerous. Finally, having shock absorbers in bad condition will accelerate the wear of other auto parts such as the silent blocks or the tires.
When to replace shock absorbers Citroen C-crosser?
We will now discover the part that will most definitely bring you to this article, when to replace the shock absorbers of his Citroen C-crosser? After having discovered the importance of having shock absorbers in good condition, we will show you how to know if they need to be replaced and when you should take into consideration making this replace.
To do this, there are not a lot of possibilities, on the other hand we will list the different ways to know when to replace the shock absorbers of a Citroen C-crosser, here they are:
- We estimate that the shock absorbers of a motor vehicle have about 80 000 km of autonomy, so try to know the previous date of shock absorber change if you have a used Citroen C-crosser, or to check the kilometers if it’s a first hand.
- We don’t actually think about it but the technical control is an efficient technique to know when to change the shock absorbers of your Citroen C-crosser. Obviously, this thorough control of your motor vehicle (specifically since its evolution in 2019) enables to make a good check-up of the state of a car. Obviously, it will check on your shock absorbers the presence of leakage, the deformation of the rod, the presence of corrosion, and the fixing of these . If you have some expertise in mechanics you can already look yourself for the presence of oil on the shock absorbers which alerts you of a possible leak.
- If you detect that your Citroen C-crosser squeaks or has an abnormal performance in turns or when passing on speed bumps for example, do not be reluctant to check out our article dedicated to this trouble. One of these indications can notify you to a pronounced wear of your shock absorbers and therefore the relevance to replace them.
- Place your Citroen C-crosser on a flat surface and struggling with the bonnet, check if one of the corners of the car is lower than the others. Do not think twice to use a tape measure to get precise measurements. This can notify you to a deterioration of a shock absorber mounting.
- Check the wear of the tread of the tires of your Citroen C-crosser, indeed if you detect abnormal on the “sidewalls” of your tires it can be a signal of tired shocks.
Now you know the list of control points that exist to know when to replace the dampers of your Citroen C-crosser .
Price to replace shock absorbers Citroen C-crosser
And to end this content page we will now see what is the price of replacing shock absorbers on a Citroen C-crosser . We’re going to separate in two parts, first the shock absorbers replacement at a specialist, and then the price of the shock absorbers alone if you want to have them installed by a friend or yourself, discover below the two simulations:
- Price of the shock absorbers replace on Citroen C-crosser by a specialist: If you replace the shock absorbers of your motor vehicle at a specialist, we advise you if you have a small budget to go rather to a motor vehicle center like Feu Vert which will propose you prices much less expensive than the mechanic of your Citroen C-crosser dealership. However, if you have a Citroen C-crosser with a classic finish you will have to count between 400 and 700 euros depending on the type of mechanic and rather between 700 and 1000 euros if it is a sports model.
- Price of buying shock absorbers for Citroen C-crosser on a specialized site: Finally, if you want to do the replace yourself, buying “generic” shock absorbers on specialized sites like oscaro can allow you to make real savings, for a set of front shock absorbers you will need between 50 and 150 euros, do not think twice to take a look at the offer on Oscaro, and if you want to replace the rear shock absorbers it’s rather between 50 and 100 euros, idem, follow the link to get the prices and the different models available.
If you have any additional questions about the Citroen C-crosser, do not hesitate to consult our Citroen C-crosser category.