The safety of a car is paramount. Whether or not the Infiniti Q60 are economic holes, certain routine service acts are indispensable. In this article we will explain to you when to replace the brake discs of your Infiniti Q60? To do this, to begin with, we will discover what the brake discs of your motor vehicle are used for, then, when to replace the brake discs of your Infiniti Q60, and, finally, how to replace them with new ones.
Benefit of the brake discs of a Infiniti Q60
We begin our content page by detailing what the brake discs of a Infiniti Q60 are used for, it will enable you to discover why it is essential to ensure that that they are constantly in good functioning order.
Brake discs are the main part of your braking system. In actual fact, braking on an Infiniti Q60 is hydraulic, it is a system of hoses and pressurized oil that will come into action when you press your brake pedal. This pressure will actuate a piston that will push the brake pads on your brake disc which is mounted on your wheel. When the brake pads will pinch the discs which will bring about your Infiniti Q60 to brake.
When to replace the brake discs of a Infiniti Q60?
We will now proceed to the section that most certainly attracts you to this article, namely, when changing the brake discs of a Infiniti Q60? How we explained it to you just before, the brake discs and pads work in osmosis, nevertheless these two components are wearing auto parts and they will, after some time and especially the friction when braking wears out and loses braking power. We will now detail the different methods to know when to replace them:
- We consider that generally speaking the brake discs should be changed every 80, 000 – 100, 000 km on a Infiniti Q60 , nevertheless it is essential to know that depending on your driving style and the type of journey this can vary considerably. In fact, if you specifically drive on the motorway and your brakes are just slightly used, this value can increase, conversely, if you just drive in built-up areas, it can reduce.
- A basic and successful technique to find out the condition of the brake discs on your car is during the technical inspection. In fact this thorough control checks the state of your brakes and the controller will tell you if they are in good condition or need to be changed.
- A simple visual technique to know when to replace the brake discs on your Infiniti Q60 is to remove the wheels after the car has been set on stands. Once removed, you will have the ability to access your discs and verify their condition. If they have any big scratches or deformations you will have to replace them. Otherwise the second indicator to check is to measure the depth of the disk in relation to its edge, if this value exceeds 1 mm you will have to change them by new ones.
How to replace the brake discs on your Infiniti Q60?
Finally, to end this article we will fairly quickly describe how to replace the brake discs of your Infiniti Q60. You must know that if you replace the brake discs of your motor vehicle, you will absolutely have to change the brake pads of your Infiniti Q60, don’t think twice to seek advice from our article which exposes you how to make this replace.
As far as changing discs is concerned, here are the main steps to stick to:
- Put your Infiniti Q60 on stands, take off the wheels you want to action on.
- Using a large flat screwdriver, pry on your brake pads to compress the caliper piston as much as possible and have enough play to produce all your changes.
- Using large Torx bits, take out the two nuts that lock the upper part of your brake caliper, take out it.
- Take out your brake pads, then unlock your brake discs thanks to the two torx screws on the side of the disc, you might need a mallet to remove the discs.
- Replace the discs and tighten them with the new torx screws provided, replace your pads, reassemble the upper part of the caliper and tighten everything tightly.
- Mounting your wheels, and remember to do a 500-kilometer brake break-in before braking hard.
To discover more tips on the Infiniti Q60, take a look at the Infiniti Q60 category.