The safety of a motor vehicle is very important. Regardless if the Fiat Bravo are financial holes, certain routine service acts are indispensable. Today we will explain to you when to replace the brake discs of your Fiat Bravo? To do this, first of all, we will discover what the brake discs of your car are used for, then, when to replace the brake discs of your Fiat Bravo, and, finally, how to change them with new ones.
Benefit of the brake discs of a Fiat Bravo
We begin our guideline by explaining what the brake discs of a Fiat Bravo are used for, it will allow you to figure out why it is essential to be certain that they are always in good working conditions.
Brake discs are the main component of your braking system. In actual fact, braking on an Fiat Bravo is hydraulic, it is a system of hoses and pressurized oil that will come into action when you press your brake pedal. This pressure will actuate a piston that will push the brake pads on your brake disc which is mounted on your wheel. When the brake pads will pinch the discs which will trigger your Fiat Bravo to brake.
When to replace the brake discs of a Fiat Bravo?
We will now proceed to the part that undoubtedly attracts you to this content page, namely, when changing the brake discs of a Fiat Bravo? How we explained it to you just before, the brake discs and pads work in osmosis, nevertheless these two components are wearing parts and they will, as time passes and specifically the friction when braking wears out and loses braking power. We will now detail the different methods to know when to change them:
- We consider that in general the brake discs should be changed every 80, 000 – 100, 000 km on a Fiat Bravo , nevertheless it is essential to know that dependent on your driving style and the type of journey this can change substantially. In truth, if you principally drive on the motorway and your brakes are just slightly used, this value can increase, alternatively, if you just drive in built-up areas, it can reduce.
- A basic and effective way to identify the condition of the brake discs on your motor vehicle is during the technical inspection. In truth this thorough control checks the state of your brakes and the controller will tell you if they are in good condition or need to be changed.
- A simple visual way to know when to replace the brake discs on your Fiat Bravo is to remove the wheels after the vehicle has been set on stands. Once removed, you will have the ability to access your discs and check their condition. If they have any big scratches or deformations you will have to replace them. Otherwise the second indicator to check is to measure the depth of the disk in relation to its edge, if this value exceeds 1 mm you will have to change them by new ones.
How to replace the brake discs on your Fiat Bravo?
Finally, to end this content page we will quickly explain how to replace the brake discs of your Fiat Bravo. You must know that if you replace the brake discs of your motor vehicle, you will absolutely have to change the brake pads of your Fiat Bravo, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our content page which exposes you how to make this replace.
As far as changing discs is concerned, here are the main steps to follow:
- Put your Fiat Bravo on stands, take off the wheels you want to action on.
- Using a large flat screwdriver, pry on your brake pads to compress the caliper piston as much as possible and have enough play to make all your changes.
- Using large Torx bits, take out the two nuts that lock the upper component of your brake caliper, take out it.
- Remove your brake pads, then unlock your brake discs thanks to the two torx screws on the side of the disc, you may possibly need a mallet to remove the discs.
- Replace the discs and tighten them with the new torx screws provided, replace your pads, reassemble the upper component of the caliper and tighten everything tightly.
- Mounting your wheels, and make sure to do a 500-kilometer brake break-in before braking hard.
To find more tips on the Fiat Bravo, take a look at the Fiat Bravo category.