With the democratization of new technologies, the considerable usage of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and social networks, it was obvious that cars would stick to the direction. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be added to the volvo v70, for a few years now many cars have been pre-loaded with touch screens. Although this brings a certain comfort, with technology comes also the worries. In this article we’re going to try to help you resolve a touch screen issue that doesn’t work on volvo v70 anymore. To achieve this, first of all, we’re going to discover the pros of having a touch screen in your car, then the various touch screen complications on volvo v70 , and finally how to correct them.
Benefits of a touch screen on volvo v70
Before we can find out why the touch screen of your volvo v70 no longer works, we will first discover all the positive aspects that this equipment will bring you. We will just focus on the native touch screens, those included by the manufacturer and not those bought in car centers. On this website is a list of the pros and interesting features of a touch screen included in your car:
- The ability to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The ability to follow a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Gain access to to many setting options on his car caused by the operating system integrated in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and consequently receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as opposed to the buttons and knobs previously used
volvo v70 Touch Screen Complications
We will now move on to the section you are most enthusiastic about knowing why the touch screen of my volvo v70 no longer works? To get this done, we tried to distinguish all the complications that exist on the touch screens of your car. There aren’t 50 different complications, but that said, here are the main ones you may be experiencing:
- The touch screen on my volvo v70 doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most general situations on a car with a screen, in most instances it’s a power supply issue, go to the next section to get the solution to this issue
- The touch screen of my car doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t react anymore it’s most certainly a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my volvo v70 turns on and off for no cause: In such a case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to correct touch screen volvo v70
After discovering why the touch screen of your volvo v70 is no longer functioning , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the complications you may encounter. Below are the solutions to each of the main touch screen complications:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In such a case, you will have to check out the power supply side of the touch screen, in most cases it will be a blown fuse, so verify the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that circumstance, as we explained before, it’s most certainly a bug you’re enduring, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a issue with the version of the screen’s operating system, remember to contact your dealer. If it’s just your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your volvo v70 by following this guide.
- The touch screen of your volvo v70 switches on and off for no cause: In this scenario it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Verify the condition of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t locate anything, take your car to a car electrician who can correct the issue.
If you want more tutorials on the volvo v70, go to our volvo v70 category.