With the democratization of new technologies, the considerable use of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and social networks, it was evident that cars would adhere to the tendency. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be added to the Volkswagen Scirocco, for a few years now many cars have been built with touch screens. Although this gives a specific comfort, with technology comes also the worries. Today we’re going to try to help you solve a touch screen problem that doesn’t work on Volkswagen Scirocco anymore. To do this, first of all, we’re going to discover the features of having a touch screen in your motor vehicle, then the various touch screen problems on Volkswagen Scirocco , and finally how to correct them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Volkswagen Scirocco
Before we can check out why the touch screen of your Volkswagen Scirocco no longer operates, we will first discover all the positive points that this equipment will provide you. We will only concentrate on the native touch screens, those integrated by the manufacturer and not those bought in motor vehicle centers. On this website is a list of the positive aspects and interesting features of a touch screen integrated in your motor vehicle:
- The ability to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The opportunity to stick to a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Access to many setting options on his motor vehicle caused by the operating system integrated in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and therefore receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as opposed to the buttons and knobs previously used
Volkswagen Scirocco Touch Screen Problems
We will now move on to the part you are most keen on knowing why the touch screen of my Volkswagen Scirocco no longer works? To do this, we tried to identify all the problems that exist on the touch screens of your motor vehicle. There aren’t 50 different problems, but that said, here are the most important ones you may be experiencing:
- The touch screen on my Volkswagen Scirocco doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most general cases on a motor vehicle with a screen, in most cases it’s a power supply problem, go to the next section to get the solution to this problem
- The touch screen of my motor vehicle doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t react anymore it’s almost certainly a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Volkswagen Scirocco turns on and off for no reason: In this case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to correct touch screen Volkswagen Scirocco
After discovering why the touch screen of your Volkswagen Scirocco is no longer functioning , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the problems you may encounter. Down below are the solutions to each of the most important touch screen problems:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In this case, you will have to check out the power supply side of the touch screen, in most cases it will be a blown fuse, so check the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that case, as we said before, it’s almost certainly a bug you’re experiencing, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a problem with the version of the screen’s operating system, make sure to contact your dealer. If it’s only your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Volkswagen Scirocco by following this article.
- The touch screen of your Volkswagen Scirocco switches on and off for no reason: In this situation it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Check the condition of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t find anything, take your motor vehicle to a motor vehicle electrician who can correct the problem.
To find more tips on the Volkswagen Scirocco, take a look at the Volkswagen Scirocco category.