With the democratization of new technologies, the intensive usage of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and internet sites, it was obvious that cars would stick to the movement. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be built in to the Toyota Yaris, for a few years now many cars have been furnished with touch screens. Although this provides a specific comfort, with technology comes also the problems. In this article we’re going to try to help you fix a touch screen issue that doesn’t work on Toyota Yaris anymore. To accomplish this, to begin with, we’re going to see the pros of having a touch screen in your car, then the various touch screen problems on Toyota Yaris , and at last how to solve them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Toyota Yaris
Before we can look at why the touch screen of your Toyota Yaris no longer works, we will first see all the positive attributes that this equipment will provide you. We will only focus on the native touch screens, those built in by the maker and not those bought in car centers. Here is a list of the pros and interesting features of a touch screen built in in your car:
- The capacity to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The ability to stick to a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Access to many setting options on his car because of the operating system included in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and therefore receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as opposed to the buttons and knobs previously used
Toyota Yaris Touch Screen Problems
We will now proceed to the part you are most enthusiastic about knowing why the touch screen of my Toyota Yaris no longer works? To get this done, we tried to distinguish all the problems that exist on the touch screens of your car. There aren’t 50 different problems, but that said, in this article are the most important ones you may be encountering:
- The touch screen on my Toyota Yaris doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most common situations on a car with a screen, in most instances it’s a power supply issue, go to the next section to get the remedy to this issue
- The touch screen of my car doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t react anymore it’s most certainly a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Toyota Yaris turns on and off for no cause: In such a case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to resolve touch screen Toyota Yaris
After seeing why the touch screen of your Toyota Yaris is no longer working , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the problems you may encounter. Down below are the solutions to each of the most important touch screen problems:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In such a case, you will have to look at the power supply side of the touch screen, most of the time it will be a blown fuse, so verify the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that circumstance, as we explained before, it’s most certainly a bug you’re enduring, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a issue with the version of the screen’s operating system, make sure to contact your dealer. If it’s only your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Toyota Yaris by following this article.
- The touch screen of your Toyota Yaris switches on and off for no cause: In this scenario it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Verify the state of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t find anything, take your car to a car electrician who can resolve the issue.
To get more tips on the Toyota Yaris, take a look at the Toyota Yaris category.