With the democratization of new technologies, the extensive usage of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and social networks, it was evident that cars would adhere to the direction. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be integrated to the Toyota Yaris 2, for a few years now many cars have been built with touch screens. Nevertheless this gives a certain comfort, with technology comes also the problems. Today we’re going to try to help you fix a touch screen issue that doesn’t work on Toyota Yaris 2 anymore. To achieve this, first of all, we’re going to find out the advantages of having a touch screen in your motor vehicle, then the various touch screen problems on Toyota Yaris 2 , and at last how to correct them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Toyota Yaris 2
Before we can look at why the touch screen of your Toyota Yaris 2 no longer works, we will first find out all the positive points that this equipment will bring you. We will just focus on the native touch screens, those built in by the maker and not those bought in motor vehicle centers. Here is a list of the pros and interesting features of a touch screen built in in your motor vehicle:
- The opportunity to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The capacity to follow a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Gain access to to many setting options on his motor vehicle because of the operating system integrated in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and therefore receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as opposed to the buttons and knobs previously used
Toyota Yaris 2 Touch Screen Complications
We will now proceed to the part you are most enthusiastic about knowing why the touch screen of my Toyota Yaris 2 no longer functions? To do this, we tried to distinguish all the problems that exist on the touch screens of your motor vehicle. There aren’t 50 different problems, but that said, here are the main ones you might be going through:
- The touch screen on my Toyota Yaris 2 doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most basic situations on a motor vehicle with a screen, in many instances it’s a power supply issue, go to the next section to get the solution to this issue
- The touch screen of my motor vehicle doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t react anymore it’s most likely a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Toyota Yaris 2 turns on and off for no cause: In such a case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to fix touch screen Toyota Yaris 2
After seeing why the touch screen of your Toyota Yaris 2 is no longer working , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the problems you may encounter. Below are the solutions to each of the main touch screen problems:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In such a case, you will have to look at the power supply side of the touch screen, in most cases it will be a blown fuse, so verify the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that case, as we explained before, it’s most likely a bug you’re enduring, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a issue with the version of the screen’s operating system, make sure to contact your dealer. If it’s just your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Toyota Yaris 2 by following this guide.
- The touch screen of your Toyota Yaris 2 switches on and off for no cause: In this scenario it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Verify the state of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t locate anything, take your motor vehicle to a motor vehicle electrician who can fix the issue.
If you need more tutorials on the Toyota Yaris 2, go to our Toyota Yaris 2 category.