With the democratization of new technologies, the extensive use of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and internet sites, it was evident that cars would adhere to the direction. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be integrated to the Toyota Scion FR S, for a few years now many cars have been equipped with touch screens. Nevertheless this provides a certain comfort, with technology comes also the concerns. Today we’re going to try to help you solve a touch screen issue that doesn’t work on Toyota Scion FR S anymore. To do this, to begin with, we’re going to find out the advantages of having a touch screen in your motor vehicle, then the various touch screen problems on Toyota Scion FR S , and at last how to resolve them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Toyota Scion FR S
Before we can check out why the touch screen of your Toyota Scion FR S no longer works, we will first find out all the positive aspects that this equipment will bring you. We will only focus on the native touch screens, those integrated by the maker and not those bought in motor vehicle centers. In this article is a list of the pros and interesting features of a touch screen integrated in your motor vehicle:
- The ability to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The ability to stick to a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Access to many setting options on his motor vehicle due to the operating system integrated in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and therefore receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as compared to the buttons and knobs previously used
Toyota Scion FR S Touch Screen Complications
We will now proceed to the part you are most enthusiastic about knowing why the touch screen of my Toyota Scion FR S no longer works? To achieve this, we tried to distinguish all the problems that exist on the touch screens of your motor vehicle. There aren’t 50 different problems, but that said, on this website are the most important ones you might be experiencing:
- The touch screen on my Toyota Scion FR S doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most common situations on a motor vehicle with a screen, in most instances it’s a power supply issue, go to the next section to get the solution to this issue
- The touch screen of my motor vehicle doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t react anymore it’s likely a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Toyota Scion FR S turns on and off for no cause: In this case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to correct touch screen Toyota Scion FR S
After seeing why the touch screen of your Toyota Scion FR S is no longer working , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the problems you may encounter. Below are the solutions to each of the most important touch screen problems:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In this case, you will have to look at the power supply side of the touch screen, most of the time it will be a blown fuse, so verify the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that case, as we stated before, it’s likely a bug you’re going through, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a issue with the version of the screen’s operating system, remember to contact your dealer. If it’s only your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Toyota Scion FR S by following this tuto.
- The touch screen of your Toyota Scion FR S switches on and off for no cause: In this scenario it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Verify the state of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t locate anything, take your motor vehicle to a motor vehicle electrician who can correct the issue.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Toyota Scion FR S, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota Scion FR S category.