Paying attention to your automobile is very important in these modern times, indeed, if you do not do the lowest maintenance of it, or if you do not take note of signs of abnormality, you firmly risk to see your car withering away. This is precisely the subject we are going to speak about today, one of the indications that most interferes with motorists is the seat belt indicator light on Volvo XC90 . In an effort to help you analyze this warning light, first we will see what this belt warning light on Volvo XC90 means, then in a second how to proceed if the seat belt warning light stays on and beeps on Volvo XC90? .
Seat belt indicator light on Volvo XC90
So we start with the article about the safety belt light on Volvo XC90 . This or these lights, dependent on the series of your motor vehicle, you may just have one or one per seat, will have the function of alerting the driver and reminding passengers to fasten their seat belts . It will activate when the ignition of your Volvo XC90 is turned on. It can be including presence sensor , which thanks to a weight sensor will have the ability to sense the presence or not of a passenger on the seats. Please take note that you are obliged by the Highway Code, as well as your passengers, to wear seatbelts in any moving car, it is for your safety, so this warning light is a good way to avoid putting yourself in danger. This seat belt warning light can be coordinated with a beeper , to ensure that you are conscious of the omission.
Why does the seat belt light come on at Volvo XC90?
We will now move on to the abnormal factors for the belt light to switch on Volvo XC90 . In normal operation , it should just be illuminated if a passenger sitting in a seat has not fastened his belt, here is a list of the different problems you may have with your belt indicator:
- The seat belt indicator lights up unexpectedly with or without the buzzer alarm while the seat belts are properly fastened while you are driving in your Volvo XC90, in such a case it is possible that the buckle sensor is defective
- The Volvo XC90 belt warning light is illuminated on an empty seat: In this instance, it is likely that the presence sensor is defective.
- The seat belt indicator light stays on and there’s no audible alarm: It could be the light or the fuse that’s the problem if all the belts in the occupied seats are properly locked.
What if the seat belt light wont come off on Volvo XC90?
Now that we have the complications that you may have with your seat belt light that stays on your Volvo XC90 , we will try to give you the solutions that you can resolve it and turn off the belt light on the dashboard of your Volvo XC90 .
- Presence sensor problem: : In the event that you have been able to distinguish that your light issue is caused by a presence sensor, you will need to check that there is no weight on your seats, as sometimes a simple shopping bag can trigger the sensor and illuminate the belt light on your Volvo XC90. If you don’t have anything on your seats and your sensors are defective, you will have to go to a motor mechanic to have it changed by a new one, the sensors generally cost between 50 and 100 euros. between 50 and 100 euros.
- Belt Buckle Sensor Trouble: If the belt buckle sensor is not operating effectively, you should have the indicator light illuminated inopportunely. Try to move it to see if something is blocking it, in any other case you will have to change it, you can discover some in motor vehicle breakage, in any other case you will have to count 100aine of euros .
- Finally, if the light is leading to your complications, you’ll need to check out your Volvo XC90’s interior fuse box.
If you wish more guides on the Volvo XC90, go to our Volvo XC90 category.