Keeping an eye on your automobile is very important nowadays, in actual fact, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not consider signals of abnormality, you firmly risk to find out your car withering away. This is precisely the theme we are going to speak about today, one of the indications that most interferes with motorists is the seat belt indicator light on Volvo S60 . In an attempt to help you examine this warning light, first we will find out what this belt warning light on Volvo S60 means, then in a second how to handle it if the seat belt warning light stays on and beeps on Volvo S60? .
Seat belt indicator light on Volvo S60
So we begin with the article content about the security belt light on Volvo S60 . This or these lights, dependent on the series of your car, you may just have one or one per seat, will have the function of alerting the driver and reminding passengers to fasten their seat belts . It will switch on when the ignition of your Volvo S60 is turned on. It can be connected with presence sensor , which thanks to a weight sensor will be able to identify the presence or not of a passenger on the seats. Please be aware that you are obliged by the Highway Code, as well as your passengers, to wear seatbelts in any moving vehicle, it is for your security, so this warning light is a good method to avoid putting yourself in danger. This seat belt warning light can be combined with a beeper , to be sure you are advised of the omission.
Why does the seat belt light come on at Volvo S60?
We will now move on to the abnormal causes for the belt light to switch on Volvo S60 . In normal operation , it should just be illuminated if a passenger sitting in a seat has not fastened his belt, here is a list of the different worries you may have with your belt indicator:
- The seat belt indicator lights up unexpectedly with or without the buzzer alarm although the seat belts are properly fastened although you are driving in your Volvo S60, in such a case it is possible that the buckle sensor is faulty
- The Volvo S60 belt warning light is illuminated on an empty seat: In this case, it is likely that the presence sensor is faulty.
- The seat belt indicator light stays on and there’s no audible alarm: It could be the light or the fuse that’s the issue if all the belts in the occupied seats are properly locked.
What if the seat belt light wont come off on Volvo S60?
Now that we have the problems that you may have with your seat belt light that stays on your Volvo S60 , we will try to give you the solutions that you can solve it and turn off the belt light on the dashboard of your Volvo S60 .
- Presence sensor issue: : In case you have been able to determine that your light issue is due to a presence sensor, you will need to examine that there is no weight on your seats, as sometimes a simple shopping bag can cause the sensor and come on the belt light on your Volvo S60. If you don’t have anything on your seats and your sensors are faulty, you will have to go to a auto mechanic to have it changed by a new one, the sensors generally cost between 50 and 100 euros. between 50 and 100 euros.
- Belt Buckle Sensor Issue: If the belt buckle sensor is not functioning effectively, you should have the indicator light illuminated inopportunely. Try to move it to find out if something is blocking it, otherwise you will have to change it, you can discover some in car breakage, otherwise you will have to count 100aine of euros .
- Finally, if the light is leading to your problems, you’ll need to check out your Volvo S60’s interior fuse box.
To find more tips on the Volvo S60, take a look at the Volvo S60 category.