Taking care of your vehicle is very important nowadays, indeed, if you do not do the lowest maintenance of it, or if you do not take into consideration signals of abnormality, you firmly risk to discover your car withering away. This is precisely the matter we are going to discuss in this article, one of the symptoms that most disturbs drivers is the seat belt indicator light on Volkswagen Polo . In an attempt to help you examine this warning light, first we will discover what this belt warning light on Volkswagen Polo means, then in a second what to do if the seat belt warning light stays on and beeps on Volkswagen Polo? .
Seat belt indicator light on Volkswagen Polo
So we start with the content about the security belt light on Volkswagen Polo . This or these lights, dependent on the series of your car, you may only have one or one per seat, will have the objective of warning the driver and reminding passengers to fasten their seat belts . It will activate when the ignition of your Volkswagen Polo is turned on. It can be including presence sensor , which thanks to a weight sensor will be able to sense the presence or not of a passenger on the seats. Please be aware that you are obliged by the Highway Code, as well as your passengers, to wear seatbelts in any moving car, it is for your security, so this warning light is a good technique to avoid putting yourself in danger. This seat belt warning light can be coupled with a beeper , to ensure you are conscious of the omission.
Why does the seat belt light come on at Volkswagen Polo?
We will now move on to the abnormal causes for the belt light to switch on Volkswagen Polo . In normal operation , it should only be illuminated if a passenger sitting in a seat has not fastened his belt, here is a list of the different worries you may have with your belt indicator:
- The seat belt indicator lights up unexpectedly with or without the buzzer alarm although the seat belts are effectively fastened although you are driving in your Volkswagen Polo, in such a case it is possible that the buckle sensor is faulty
- The Volkswagen Polo belt warning light is illuminated on an empty seat: In this instance, it is very likely that the presence sensor is faulty.
- The seat belt indicator light stays on and there’s no audible alarm: It could be the light or the fuse that’s the issue if all the belts in the occupied seats are effectively locked.
What if the seat belt light wont come off on Volkswagen Polo?
Now that we have the complications that you may have with your seat belt light that stays on your Volkswagen Polo , we will try to give you the solutions that you can fix it and turn off the belt light on the dashboard of your Volkswagen Polo .
- Presence sensor issue: : In case you have been capable to identify that your light problem is due to a presence sensor, you will need to verify that there is no weight on your seats, as sometimes a simple shopping bag can bring about the sensor and light up the belt light on your Volkswagen Polo. If you don’t have anything on your seats and your sensors are faulty, you will have to go to a repair shop to have it replaced by a new one, the sensors generally cost between 50 and 100 euros. between 50 and 100 euros.
- Belt Buckle Sensor Issue: If the belt buckle sensor is not operating properly, you should have the indicator light illuminated inopportunely. Try to move it to discover if something is blocking it, in any other case you will have to replace it, you can locate some in car breakage, in any other case you will have to count 100aine of euros .
- Finally, if the light is leading to your complications, you’ll need to check out your Volkswagen Polo’s interior fuse box.
To get more tips on the Volkswagen Polo, take a look at the Volkswagen Polo category.