Keeping an eye on your automobile is important nowadays, in truth, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not consider signs of abnormality, you highly risk to discover your car becoming unpleasant to use. This is exactly the topic we are going to discuss in this article, one of the signs that most disturbs motorists is the seat belt indicator light on Volkswagen New Beetle . In an effort to help you review this warning light, first we will discover what this belt warning light on Volkswagen New Beetle points, then in a second how to handle it if the seat belt warning light stays on and beeps on Volkswagen New Beetle? .
Seat belt indicator light on Volkswagen New Beetle
So we start with the content page about the security belt light on Volkswagen New Beetle . This or these lights, depending on the series of your car, you may only have one or one per seat, will have the function of alerting the driver and reminding passengers to fasten their seat belts . It will activate when the ignition of your Volkswagen New Beetle is turned on. It can be including presence sensor , which thanks to a weight sensor will be able to identify the presence or not of a passenger on the seats. Please be aware that you are obliged by the Highway Code, as well as your passengers, to wear seatbelts in any moving vehicle, it is for your security, so this warning light is a good way to avoid putting yourself in danger. This seat belt warning light can be coupled with a beeper , to be certain you are informed of the omission.
Why does the seat belt light turn on at Volkswagen New Beetle?
We will now proceed to the abnormal reasons for the belt light to switch on Volkswagen New Beetle . In normal operation , it should only be lighted if a passenger sitting in a seat has not fastened his belt, here is a list of the different issues you may have with your belt indicator:
- The seat belt indicator lights up inadvertently with or without the buzzer alarm although the seat belts are effectively fastened although you are driving in your Volkswagen New Beetle, in such a case it is possible that the buckle sensor is defective
- The Volkswagen New Beetle belt warning light is lighted on an empty seat: In this instance, it is likely that the presence sensor is defective.
- The seat belt indicator light stays on and there’s no audible alarm: It could be the light or the fuse that’s the issue if all the belts in the occupied seats are effectively locked.
What if the seat belt light wont come off on Volkswagen New Beetle?
Now that we have the problems that you may have with your seat belt light that stays on your Volkswagen New Beetle , we will try to give you the solutions that you can resolve it and turn off the belt light on the dashboard of your Volkswagen New Beetle .
- Presence sensor issue: : In case you have been able to determine that your light problem is caused by a presence sensor, you will need to verify that there is no weight on your seats, as occasionally a simple shopping bag can cause the sensor and light up the belt light on your Volkswagen New Beetle. If you don’t have anything on your seats and your sensors are defective, you will have to go to a auto mechanic to have it changed by a new one, the sensors generally cost between 50 and 100 euros. between 50 and 100 euros.
- Belt Buckle Sensor Issue: If the belt buckle sensor is not functioning effectively, you should have the indicator light illuminated inopportunely. Try to move it to discover if something is blocking it, in any other case you will have to replace it, you can locate some in car breakage, in any other case you will have to count 100aine of euros .
- Finally, if the light is producing your problems, you’ll need to check out your Volkswagen New Beetle’s interior fuse box.
If you have any further questions about the Volkswagen New Beetle, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen New Beetle category.