Keeping an eye on your vehicle is very important in these modern times, in actual fact, if you do not do the minimal maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signs of unusualness, you strongly risk to find out your car becoming unpleasant to use. This is exactly the theme we are going to discuss today, one of the signs that most disturbs car owners is the seat belt indicator light on Toyota Prius . In an attempt to help you examine this warning light, first we will find out what this belt warning light on Toyota Prius points, then in a second what to do if the seat belt warning light stays on and beeps on Toyota Prius? .
Seat belt indicator light on Toyota Prius
So we commence with the content about the safety belt light on Toyota Prius . This or these lights, depending on the series of your car, you may just have one or one per seat, will have the action of warning the driver and reminding people to fasten their seat belts . It will switch on when the ignition of your Toyota Prius is turned on. It can be combined with presence sensor , which thanks to a weight sensor will be able to sense the presence or not of a passenger on the seats. Please take note that you are obliged by the Highway Code, as well as your passengers, to wear seatbelts in any moving vehicle, it is for your safety, so this warning light is a good method to avoid putting yourself in danger. This seat belt warning light can be coordinated with a beeper , to be certain you are conscious of the omission.
Why does the seat belt light come on at Toyota Prius?
We will now proceed to the abnormal factors for the belt light to switch on Toyota Prius . In time, it should just be lighted if a passenger sitting in a seat has not fastened his belt, here is a list of the different issues you may have with your belt indicator:
- The seat belt indicator lights up accidentally with or without the buzzer alarm although the seat belts are properly fastened although you are driving in your Toyota Prius, in such a case it is possible that the buckle sensor is defective
- The Toyota Prius belt warning light is lighted on an empty seat: In this instance, it is very likely that the presence sensor is defective.
- The seat belt indicator light stays on and there’s no audible alarm: It could be the light or the fuse that’s the problem if all the belts in the occupied seats are properly locked.
What if the seat belt light wont come off on Toyota Prius?
Now that we have the problems that you may have with your seat belt light that stays on your Toyota Prius , we will try to give you the solutions that you can resolve it and turn off the belt light on the dashboard of your Toyota Prius .
- Presence sensor problem: : In case you have been capable to distinguish that your light problem is caused by a presence sensor, you will need to verify that there is no weight on your seats, as sometimes a simple shopping bag can cause the sensor and come on the belt light on your Toyota Prius. If you don’t have anything on your seats and your sensors are defective, you will have to go to a mechanic to have it replaced by a new one, the sensors generally cost between 50 and 100 euros. between 50 and 100 euros.
- Belt Buckle Sensor Trouble: If the belt buckle sensor is not working properly, you should have the indicator light illuminated inopportunely. Try to move it to find out if something is blocking it, in any other case you will have to replace it, you can find some in car breakage, in any other case you will have to count 100aine of euros .
- Finally, if the light is causing your problems, you’ll need to take a look at your Toyota Prius’s interior fuse box.
If you want more tutorials on the Toyota Prius, go to our Toyota Prius category.