Keeping an eye on your automobile is fundamental in these modern times, obviously, if you do not do the minimal maintenance of it, or if you do not consider signals of unusualness, you strongly risk to see your car becoming unpleasant to use. This is exactly the topic we are going to focus on in this article, one of the indications that most disturbs car owners is the seat belt indicator light on Mitsubishi Lancer . In an attempt to help you examine this warning light, first we will see what this belt warning light on Mitsubishi Lancer points, then in a second what to do if the seat belt warning light stays on and beeps on Mitsubishi Lancer? .
Seat belt indicator light on Mitsubishi Lancer
So we begin with the guideline about the safety belt light on Mitsubishi Lancer . This or these lights, depending on the series of your car, you may only have one or one per seat, will have the objective of notifying the driver and reminding people to fasten their seat belts . It will activate when the ignition of your Mitsubishi Lancer is turned on. It can be joined with presence sensor , which thanks to a weight sensor will be able to identify the presence or not of a passenger on the seats. Please take note that you are obliged by the Highway Code, as well as your passengers, to wear seatbelts in any moving vehicle, it is for your safety, so this warning light is a good way to avoid putting yourself in danger. This seat belt warning light can be combined with a beeper , to ensure you are advised of the omission.
Why does the seat belt light come on at Mitsubishi Lancer?
We will now proceed to the abnormal factors for the belt light to switch on Mitsubishi Lancer . In time, it should only be illuminated if a passenger sitting in a seat has not fastened his belt, here is a list of the different issues you may have with your belt indicator:
- The seat belt indicator lights up unintentionally with or without the buzzer alarm although the seat belts are properly fastened although you are driving in your Mitsubishi Lancer, in this case it is possible that the buckle sensor is faulty
- The Mitsubishi Lancer belt warning light is illuminated on an empty seat: In this instance, it is likely that the presence sensor is defective.
- The seat belt indicator light stays on and there’s no audible alarm: It could be the light or the fuse that’s the problem if all the belts in the occupied seats are properly locked.
What if the seat belt light wont come off on Mitsubishi Lancer?
Now that we have the problems that you may have with your seat belt light that stays on your Mitsubishi Lancer , we will try to give you the solutions that you can fix it and turn off the belt light on the dashboard of your Mitsubishi Lancer .
- Presence sensor problem: : In the event that you have been able to distinguish that your light problem is due to a presence sensor, you will need to verify that there is no weight on your seats, as occasionally a simple shopping bag can cause the sensor and light up the belt light on your Mitsubishi Lancer. If you don’t have anything on your seats and your sensors are defective, you will have to go to a technician to have it replaced by a new one, the sensors generally cost between 50 and 100 euros. between 50 and 100 euros.
- Belt Buckle Sensor Problem: If the belt buckle sensor is not working effectively, you should have the indicator light illuminated inopportunely. Try to move it to see if something is blocking it, in any other case you will have to change it, you can find some in car breakage, in any other case you will have to count 100aine of euros .
- Finally, if the light is leading to your problems, you’ll need to check out your Mitsubishi Lancer’s interior fuse box.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Mitsubishi Lancer, do not hesitate to consult our Mitsubishi Lancer category.