Paying attention to your vehicle is fundamental in the present day, obviously, if you do not do the minimal maintenance of it, or if you do not take note of signals of unusualness, you strongly risk to see your car withering away. This is precisely the subject we are going to discuss in this article, one of the signs that most interferes with car owners is the seat belt indicator light on Mercedes Benz C Class . In an attempt to help you examine this warning light, first we will see what this belt warning light on Mercedes Benz C Class corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the seat belt warning light stays on and beeps on Mercedes Benz C Class? .
Seat belt indicator light on Mercedes Benz C Class
So we commence with the guideline about the safety belt light on Mercedes Benz C Class . This or these lights, depending on the series of your car, you may only have one or one per seat, will have the action of notifying the driver and reminding passengers to fasten their seat belts . It will activate when the ignition of your Mercedes Benz C Class is turned on. It can be coupled with presence sensor , which thanks to a weight sensor will be able to sense the presence or not of a passenger on the seats. Please be aware that you are obliged by the Highway Code, as well as your passengers, to wear seatbelts in any moving vehicle, it is for your safety, so this warning light is a good way to avoid putting yourself in danger. This seat belt warning light can be combined with a beeper , to make sure you are conscious of the omission.
Why does the seat belt light come on at Mercedes Benz C Class?
We will now proceed to the abnormal motives for the belt light to switch on Mercedes Benz C Class . In normal operation , it should only be illuminated if a passenger sitting in a seat has not fastened his belt, here is a list of the different concerns you may have with your belt indicator:
- The seat belt indicator lights up inadvertently with or without the buzzer alarm while the seat belts are effectively fastened while you are driving in your Mercedes Benz C Class, in such a case it is possible that the buckle sensor is defective
- The Mercedes Benz C Class belt warning light is illuminated on an empty seat: In such a case, it is likely that the presence sensor is faulty.
- The seat belt indicator light stays on and there’s no audible alarm: It could be the light or the fuse that’s the problem if all the belts in the occupied seats are effectively locked.
What if the seat belt light wont come off on Mercedes Benz C Class?
Now that we have the problems that you may have with your seat belt light that stays on your Mercedes Benz C Class , we will try to give you the solutions that you can resolve it and turn off the belt light on the dashboard of your Mercedes Benz C Class .
- Presence sensor problem: : In case you have been able to identify that your light issue is brought on by a presence sensor, you will need to check that there is no weight on your seats, as sometimes a simple shopping bag can result in the sensor and light up the belt light on your Mercedes Benz C Class. If you don’t have anything on your seats and your sensors are faulty, you will have to go to a mechanic to have it replaced by a new one, the sensors generally cost between 50 and 100 euros. between 50 and 100 euros.
- Belt Buckle Sensor Issue: If the belt buckle sensor is not operating properly, you should have the indicator light illuminated inopportunely. Try to move it to see if something is blocking it, in any other case you will have to replace it, you can locate some in car breakage, in any other case you will have to count 100aine of euros .
- Finally, if the light is leading to your problems, you’ll need to check out your Mercedes Benz C Class’s interior fuse box.
If you wish more guides on the Mercedes Benz C Class, go to our Mercedes Benz C Class category.