Keeping an eye on your car is important in the present day, in truth, if you do not do the lowest maintenance of it, or if you do not consider signs of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car becoming unpleasant to use. This is precisely the subject we are going to discuss today, one of the signs that most disturbs car owners is the seat belt indicator light on Lexus IS . In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, first we will see what this belt warning light on Lexus IS means, then in a second how to proceed if the seat belt warning light stays on and beeps on Lexus IS? .
Seat belt indicator light on Lexus IS
So we start with the content page about the safety belt light on Lexus IS . This or these lights, depending on the series of your motor vehicle, you may only have one or one per seat, will have the action of alerting the driver and reminding passengers to fasten their seat belts . It will switch on when the ignition of your Lexus IS is turned on. It can be combined with presence sensor , which thanks to a weight sensor will be able to detect the presence or not of a passenger on the seats. Please take note that you are obliged by the Highway Code, as well as your passengers, to wear seatbelts in any moving vehicle, it is for your safety, so this warning light is a good way to avoid putting yourself in danger. This seat belt warning light can be connected with a beeper , to make sure you are conscious of the omission.
Why does the seat belt light come on at Lexus IS?
We will now move on to the abnormal motives for the belt light to switch on Lexus IS . In normal operation , it should only be illuminated if a passenger sitting in a seat has not fastened his belt, here is a list of the different problems you may have with your belt indicator:
- The seat belt indicator lights up inadvertently with or without the buzzer alarm while the seat belts are properly fastened while you are driving in your Lexus IS, in such a case it is possible that the buckle sensor is faulty
- The Lexus IS belt warning light is illuminated on an empty seat: In such a case, it is very likely that the presence sensor is faulty.
- The seat belt indicator light stays on and there’s no audible alarm: It could be the light or the fuse that’s the problem if all the belts in the occupied seats are properly locked.
What if the seat belt light wont come off on Lexus IS?
Now that we have the complications that you may have with your seat belt light that stays on your Lexus IS , we will try to give you the solutions that you can fix it and turn off the belt light on the dashboard of your Lexus IS .
- Presence sensor problem: : In case you have been able to identify that your light problem is caused by a presence sensor, you will need to check that there is no weight on your seats, as occasionally a simple shopping bag can induce the sensor and come on the belt light on your Lexus IS. If you don’t have anything on your seats and your sensors are faulty, you will have to go to a auto technician to have it changed by a new one, the sensors generally cost between 50 and 100 euros. between 50 and 100 euros.
- Belt Buckle Sensor Trouble: If the belt buckle sensor is not operating correctly, you should have the indicator light illuminated inopportunely. Try to move it to see if something is blocking it, in any other case you will have to change it, you can locate some in motor vehicle breakage, in any other case you will have to count 100aine of euros .
- Finally, if the light is producing your complications, you’ll need to check out your Lexus IS’s interior fuse box.
If you wish more guides on the Lexus IS, go to our Lexus IS category.