Keeping an eye on your car is fundamental in these modern times, in actual fact, if you do not do the minimal maintenance of it, or if you do not consider signs of abnormality, you highly risk to discover your car becoming unpleasant to use. This is exactly the topic we are going to focus on today, one of the indications that most disturbs drivers is the seat belt indicator light on Dodge Journey . In an attempt to help you examine this warning light, first we will discover what this belt warning light on Dodge Journey means, then in a second how to handle it if the seat belt warning light stays on and beeps on Dodge Journey? .
Seat belt indicator light on Dodge Journey
So we begin with the content page about the safety belt light on Dodge Journey . This or these lights, according to the series of your motor vehicle, you may only have one or one per seat, will have the task of warning the driver and reminding people to fasten their seat belts . It will switch on when the ignition of your Dodge Journey is turned on. It can be combined with presence sensor , which thanks to a weight sensor will have the ability to identify the presence or not of a passenger on the seats. Please take note that you are obliged by the Highway Code, as well as your passengers, to wear seatbelts in any moving car, it is for your safety, so this warning light is a good technique to avoid putting yourself in danger. This seat belt warning light can be coupled with a beeper , to ensure that you are conscious of the omission.
Why does the seat belt light turn on at Dodge Journey?
We will now proceed to the abnormal motives for the belt light to switch on Dodge Journey . In time, it should only be illuminated if a passenger sitting in a seat has not fastened his belt, here is a list of the different issues you may have with your belt indicator:
- The seat belt indicator lights up unexpectedly with or without the buzzer alarm although the seat belts are effectively fastened although you are driving in your Dodge Journey, in such a case it is possible that the buckle sensor is defective
- The Dodge Journey belt warning light is illuminated on an empty seat: In this instance, it is very likely that the presence sensor is faulty.
- The seat belt indicator light stays on and there’s no audible alarm: It could be the light or the fuse that’s the issue if all the belts in the occupied seats are effectively locked.
What if the seat belt light wont come off on Dodge Journey?
Now that we have the problems that you may have with your seat belt light that stays on your Dodge Journey , we will try to give you the solutions that you can fix it and turn off the belt light on the dashboard of your Dodge Journey .
- Presence sensor issue: : In the event that you have been able to distinguish that your light problem is brought on by a presence sensor, you will need to examine that there is no weight on your seats, as sometimes a simple shopping bag can trigger the sensor and come on the belt light on your Dodge Journey. If you don’t have anything on your seats and your sensors are faulty, you will have to go to a mechanic to have it changed by a new one, the sensors generally cost between 50 and 100 euros. between 50 and 100 euros.
- Belt Buckle Sensor Problem: If the belt buckle sensor is not functioning correctly, you should have the indicator light illuminated inopportunely. Try to move it to discover if something is blocking it, in any other case you will have to change it, you can find some in motor vehicle breakage, in any other case you will have to count 100aine of euros .
- Finally, if the light is leading to your problems, you’ll need to check out your Dodge Journey’s interior fuse box.
If you have any further questions about the Dodge Journey, do not hesitate to consult our Dodge Journey category.