Today we are going to take a look at a issue that may prove to be dangerous. If you identify any handling or grip problems on your Mercury Grand Marquis , it is important that you drive cautiously and handle it quickly. Our team has created this guideline to help you resolve them. First, we’ll quickly look at the principal parts that assure effective road handling, then we’ll look at why your Mercury Grand Marquis doesn’t hold the road any more, and at last we’ll look at how to resolve your grip complications.
What are the main elements that assure great road holding and handling on a Mercury Grand Marquis?
We commence this article by quickly explaining the main parts that will assure good road holding for your Mercury Grand Marquis. It’s important to know that a vehicle’s grip is a science in itself. It will as a result be based upon many elements, we will explain below the main ones that can be affected:
- Shock absorbers: The main parts of your road handling, they permanently assure the contact between the wheels and the road. They absorb all shocks and holes on the road.
- Tyres: They are the ones that will assure the grip of your Mercury Grand Marquis on the road, the softer they are, the more grip you have, but the faster they get broken, the harder they are, the less grip you have, but the more resistant they are. Temperature influences their wear. Their size will as well play on grip, the wider they are the more contact with the ground will be significant.
- The center of gravity: The higher your car is going to be, the more it will lean in the corners and consequently lose handling, that’s why low profile sports vehicles grip better than very high 4×4’s
- Wheel Alignment: This adjustment enables you to control the vertical angle of your car’s wheels, it is consequently essential for the grip of your car and the wear of your tires. This adjustment is very precise and must be conducted by specialists.
There are many other parts to take into consideration such as wheelbase, ground clearance, chassis rigidity, weight and aerodynamics…
Why is my Mercury Grand Marquis having complications with my car’s handling or grip?
We will now proceed to the part that concerns you the most, why my Mercury Grand Marquis has handling complications? As we explained earlier, there are quite a lot of elements to take into consideration for your car to have a good grip, however there are few that can evolve with time, most of them are intrinsic to the construction of the automobile, we will find out right away those that can bother your handling and road, and, why:
- As we revealed earlier, the rubber of the tyres has a fundamental role in the good road holding of your car, if your tyres are dead, you may have complications of road holding on wet road at first and when you reach the “cord” even on dry road.
- Dead shock absorbers: If your shock absorbers are dead, your car will no longer be able to absorb the irregularities of the road effectively and it will tend to “float”, which will result in a bad distribution of the masses on the vehicle and shift the centre of gravity of the vehicle. You risk slipping in the bends.
- The risk with a misalignment is that your ground contact area is reduced as a result of a too open or too closed wheel angle, you will have grip complications.
- A steering issue: Last but not least, the last essential element for good road handling is that all the elements of your steering must be in good condition. The most traditional circumstance is that your stabilizer bar or the silent blocks of your steering triangles are dead. The consequence will be a delay in your changes of direction.
How do you resolve the handling complications?
We now proceed to the different solutions to correct your road holding complications on your Mercury Grand Marquis .
- Tyres: Nothing could be easier, just change your tyres, remember to verify them cautiously and change them when you get to the visual indicator in the grooves of your tyres. It is generally required to count between 100 and 200 euros for a pair of tires.
- Shock absorbers: Ditto, dead shock absorbers have to be changed, if you want to know when to change the shock absorbers of a Mercury Grand Marquis, please have a look at our article on this theme. The price can vary quite a lot, but you will have to count at least 400€
- Wheel alignment: You will have to go to your garage to have it solved, it will cost you less than 100€?
- Steering: If you have complications with the handling on Mercury Grand Marquis as a result of your steering, there may be some elements involved, in this case you will have to produce a whole check-up of these elements, the best is to call a specialist.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Mercury Grand Marquis, do not hesitate to consult our Mercury Grand Marquis category.