Today we are going to take a look at a problem that may prove to be dangerous. If you identify any handling or grip problems on your Mazda CX 9 , it is important that you drive carefully and handle it fairly quickly. Our team has written this article content to help you resolve them. First, we’ll fairly quickly look at the essential elements that ensure good road handling, then we’ll look at why your Mazda CX 9 doesn’t hold the road any more, and finally we’ll look at how to resolve your grip complications.
What are the main components that ensure great road holding and handling on a Mazda CX 9?
We begin this article by fairly quickly explaining the most important elements that will guarantee good road holding for your Mazda CX 9. It’s important to know that a vehicle’s grip is a science in itself. It will as a result depend on many factors, we will describe down below the most important ones that can be influenced:
- Shock absorbers: The most important elements of your road handling, they permanently guarantee the contact between the wheels and the road. They absorb all shocks and holes on the road.
- Tyres: They are the ones that will guarantee the grip of your Mazda CX 9 on the road, the softer they are, the more grip you have, but the faster they get damaged, the harder they are, the less grip you have, but the more resistant they are. Temperature affects their wear. Their size will also play on grip, the wider they are the more contact with the ground will be important.
- The center of gravity: The higher your car is going to be, the more it will lean in the corners and therefore lose handling, that’s why low profile sports vehicles grip better than very high 4×4’s
- Wheel Alignment: This adjustment allows you to manage the vertical angle of your car’s wheels, it is therefore fundamental for the grip of your car and the wear of your tires. This adjustment is very precise and must be accomplished by professionals.
There are many other elements to consider such as wheelbase, ground clearance, chassis rigidity, weight and aerodynamics…
Why is my Mazda CX 9 having complications with my car’s handling or grip?
We will now move on to the part that concerns you the most, why my Mazda CX 9 has handling complications? As we described above, there are a lot of components to consider for your car to have a good grip, nevertheless there are few that can evolve over time, most of them are intrinsic to the construction of the vehicle, we will discover right away those that can bother your handling and road, and, why:
- As we explained above, the rubber of the tyres has a fundamental purpose in the good road holding of your car, if your tyres are dead, you might have complications of road holding on wet road at first and when you reach the “cord” even on dry road.
- Dead shock absorbers: If your shock absorbers are dead, your car will no longer have the ability to absorb the irregularities of the road properly and it will tend to “float”, which will result in a bad distribution of the masses on the vehicle and shift the centre of gravity of the vehicle. You risk slipping in the bends.
- The risk with a misalignment is that your ground contact area is reduced due to a too open or too closed wheel angle, you will have grip complications.
- A steering problem: Last but not least, the last fundamental element for good road handling is that all the components of your steering must be in good state. The most classic circumstance is that your stabilizer bar or the silent blocks of your steering triangles are dead. The outcome will be a delay in your changes of direction.
How do you resolve the handling complications?
We now move on to the different solutions to solve your road holding complications on your Mazda CX 9 .
- Tyres: Nothing could be easier, just change your tyres, remember to check them carefully and change them when you get to the visual indicator in the grooves of your tyres. It is generally required to count between 100 and 200 euros for a pair of tires.
- Shock absorbers: Ditto, dead shock absorbers have to be changed, if you want to know when to change the shock absorbers of a Mazda CX 9, please have a look at our article on this topic. The price can vary a lot, but you will have to count at least 400€
- Wheel alignment: You will have to go to your garage area to have it fixed, it will cost you less than 100€?
- Steering: If you have complications with the handling on Mazda CX 9 due to your steering, there might be several components concerned, in such a case you will have to produce a complete check-up of these components, the best is to call a professional.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Mazda CX 9, do not hesitate to consult our Mazda CX 9 category.