In this article we are going to look at a issue that may prove to be threatening. If you notice any handling or grip problems on your Lexus ES , it is essential that you drive cautiously and take care of it quickly. Our team has created this article to help you solve them. First, we’ll quickly look at the main elements that ensure good road handling, then we’ll look at why your Lexus ES doesn’t hold the road any more, and at last we’ll look at how to solve your grip problems.
What are the main components that ensure good road holding and handling on a Lexus ES?
We begin this content by quickly detailing the main elements that will assure good road holding for your Lexus ES. It’s essential to know that a vehicle’s grip is a science in itself. It will therefore be based upon many elements, we will describe down below the main ones that can be influenced:
- Shock absorbers: The main elements of your road handling, they permanently assure the contact between the wheels and the road. They absorb all shocks and holes on the road.
- Tyres: They are the ones that will assure the grip of your Lexus ES on the road, the softer they are, the more grip you have, but the faster they get damaged, the harder they are, the less grip you have, but the more resistant they are. Temperature impacts their wear. Their size will as well play on grip, the wider they are the more contact with the ground will be important.
- The center of gravity: The higher your car is going to be, the more it will lean in the corners and consequently lose handling, that’s why low profile sports vehicles grip better than very high 4×4’s
- Wheel Alignment: This adjustment enables you to manage the vertical angle of your car’s wheels, it is consequently necessary for the grip of your motor vehicle and the wear of your tires. This adjustment is very precise and must be done by specialists.
There are many other elements to take into account such as wheelbase, ground clearance, chassis rigidity, weight and aerodynamics…
Why is my Lexus ES having problems with my car’s handling or grip?
We will now proceed to the part that interests you the most, why my Lexus ES has handling problems? As we described earlier, there are a lot of components to take into account for your car to have a good grip, nevertheless there are few that can evolve with time, most of them are intrinsic to the construction of the automobile, we will discover right away those that can affect your handling and road, and, why:
- As we described earlier, the rubber of the tyres has a fundamental function in the good road holding of your motor vehicle, if your tyres are dead, you may possibly have problems of road holding on wet road at first and when you reach the “cord” even on dry road.
- Dead shock absorbers: If your shock absorbers are dead, your motor vehicle will no longer have the ability to absorb the irregularities of the road properly and it will tend to “float”, which will result in a bad distribution of the masses on the vehicle and shift the centre of gravity of the vehicle. You risk slipping in the bends.
- The risk with a misalignment is that your ground contact area is reduced because of a too open or too closed wheel angle, you will have grip problems.
- A steering issue: Last but not least, the last necessary element for good road handling is that all the components of your steering must be in good condition. The most classic circumstance is that your stabilizer bar or the silent blocks of your steering triangles are dead. The result will be a delay in your changes of direction.
How do you solve the handling problems?
We now proceed to the different solutions to solve your road holding problems on your Lexus ES .
- Tyres: Nothing could be simpler, just replace your tyres, make sure to check them cautiously and replace them when you get to the visual indicator in the grooves of your tyres. It is generally required to count between 100 and 200 euros for a pair of tires.
- Shock absorbers: Ditto, dead shock absorbers have to be changed, if you want to know when to change the shock absorbers of a Lexus ES, please have a look at our content on this theme. The price can vary a lot, but you will have to count at least 400€
- Wheel alignment: You will have to go to your garage area to have it fixed, it will cost you less than 100€?
- Steering: If you have problems with the handling on Lexus ES because of your steering, there might be several components concerned, in such a case you will have to make a whole check-up of these components, the best is to call a specialist.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Lexus ES, do not hesitate to consult our Lexus ES category.