In this article we are going to look at a issue that may prove to be unsafe. If you notice any handling or grip problems on your Infiniti Q50 , it is essential that you drive attentively and take care of it quickly. Our team has written and published this guideline to help you fix them. First, we’ll quickly check out the main components that ensure effective road handling, then we’ll check out why your Infiniti Q50 doesn’t hold the road any more, and finally we’ll check out how to fix your grip complications.
What are the main components that ensure great road holding and handling on a Infiniti Q50?
We commence this article by quickly telling you the most important components that will ensure good road holding for your Infiniti Q50. It’s essential to know that a vehicle’s grip is a science in itself. It will therefore depend on many factors, we will explain down below the most important ones that can be affected:
- Shock absorbers: The most important components of your road handling, they permanently ensure the contact between the wheels and the road. They absorb all shocks and holes on the road.
- Tyres: They are the ones that will ensure the grip of your Infiniti Q50 on the road, the softer they are, the more grip you have, but the faster they get damaged, the harder they are, the less grip you have, but the more resistant they are. Temperature impacts their wear. Their size will as well play on grip, the wider they are the more contact with the ground will be important.
- The center of gravity: The higher your car is going to be, the more it will lean in the corners and therefore lose handling, that’s why low profile sports cars grip better than very high 4×4’s
- Wheel Alignment: This adjustment allows you to manage the vertical angle of your car’s wheels, it is therefore important for the grip of your motor vehicle and the wear of your tires. This adjustment is very precise and must be accomplished by professionals.
There are many other components to take into account such as wheelbase, ground clearance, chassis rigidity, weight and aerodynamics…
Why is my Infiniti Q50 having complications with my car’s handling or grip?
We will now move on to the part that concerns you the most, why my Infiniti Q50 has handling complications? As we mentioned above, there are quite a lot of components to take into account for your car to have a good grip, however there are few that can evolve over time, most of them are intrinsic to the construction of the automobile, we will discover right away those that can bother your handling and road, and, why:
- As we described above, the rubber of the tyres has a primordial purpose in the good road holding of your motor vehicle, if your tyres are dead, you may possibly have complications of road holding on wet road at first and when you reach the “cord” even on dry road.
- Dead shock absorbers: If your shock absorbers are dead, your motor vehicle will no longer be able to absorb the irregularities of the road effectively and it will often “float”, which will result in a bad distribution of the masses on the vehicle and shift the centre of gravity of the vehicle. You risk slipping in the bends.
- The risk with a misalignment is that your ground contact area is reduced because of a too open or too closed wheel angle, you will have grip complications.
- A steering issue: Last but not least, the last important element for good road handling is that all the components of your steering must be in good state. The most classic case is that your stabilizer bar or the silent blocks of your steering triangles are dead. The result will be a delay in your changes of direction.
How do you fix the handling complications?
We now move on to the different solutions to correct your road holding complications on your Infiniti Q50 .
- Tyres: Nothing could be less complicated, just replace your tyres, make sure to verify them attentively and replace them when you get to the visual indicator in the grooves of your tyres. It is generally required to count between 100 and 200 euros for a pair of tires.
- Shock absorbers: Ditto, dead shock absorbers have to be changed, if you want to know when to change the shock absorbers of a Infiniti Q50, please have a check out our article on this subject. The price can vary quite a lot, but you will have to count at least 400€
- Wheel alignment: You will have to go to your garage area to have it solved, it will cost you less than 100€?
- Steering: If you have complications with the handling on Infiniti Q50 because of your steering, there may be several components involved, in such a case you will have to make a complete check-up of these components, the best is to call a professional.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Infiniti Q50, do not hesitate to consult our Infiniti Q50 category.