Today we are going to look at a problem that may prove to be dangerous. If you identify any handling or grip problems on your Acura TL , it is essential that you drive carefully and handle it quickly. Our team has made this article content to help you solve them. First, we’ll quickly look at the principal parts that ensure good road handling, then we’ll look at why your Acura TL doesn’t hold the road any more, and at last we’ll look at how to solve your grip problems.
What are the main elements that ensure great road holding and handling on a Acura TL?
We begin this content by quickly describing the main parts that will assure good road holding for your Acura TL. It’s essential to know that a vehicle’s grip is a science in itself. It will consequently depend on many elements, we will show you down below the main ones that can be influenced:
- Shock absorbers: The main parts of your road handling, they perpetually assure the contact between the wheels and the road. They absorb all shocks and holes on the road.
- Tyres: They are the ones that will assure the grip of your Acura TL on the road, the softer they are, the more grip you have, but the faster they get broken, the harder they are, the less grip you have, but the more resistant they are. Temperature impacts their wear. Their size will as well play on grip, the wider they are the more contact with the ground will be important.
- The center of gravity: The higher your car is going to be, the more it will lean in the corners and consequently lose handling, that’s why low profile sports cars grip better than very high 4×4’s
- Wheel Alignment: This adjustment allows you to control the vertical angle of your car’s wheels, it is consequently fundamental for the grip of your car and the wear of your tires. This adjustment is very precise and must be carried out by specialists.
There are many other parts to consider such as wheelbase, ground clearance, chassis rigidity, weight and aerodynamics…
Why is my Acura TL having problems with my car’s handling or grip?
We will now proceed to the part that interests you the most, why my Acura TL has handling problems? As we outlined earlier, there are quite a lot of elements to consider for your car to have a good grip, however there are few that can evolve over time, most of them are intrinsic to the construction of the vehicle, we will find out right away those that can bother your handling and road, and, why:
- As we mentioned earlier, the rubber of the tyres has a fundamental purpose in the good road holding of your car, if your tyres are dead, you may have problems of road holding on wet road at first and when you reach the “cord” even on dry road.
- Dead shock absorbers: If your shock absorbers are dead, your car will no longer be able to absorb the irregularities of the road properly and it will often “float”, which will result in a bad distribution of the masses on the car and shift the centre of gravity of the car. You risk slipping in the bends.
- The risk with a misalignment is that your ground contact area is reduced due to a too open or too closed wheel angle, you will have grip problems.
- A steering problem: Last but not least, the last fundamental part for good road handling is that all the elements of your steering must be in good condition. The most classic circumstance is that your stabilizer bar or the silent blocks of your steering triangles are dead. The result will be a delay in your changes of direction.
How do you solve the handling problems?
We now proceed to the different solutions to correct your road holding problems on your Acura TL .
- Tyres: Nothing could be easier, just replace your tyres, remember to check them carefully and replace them when you get to the visual indicator in the grooves of your tyres. It is generally required to count between 100 and 200 euros for a pair of tires.
- Shock absorbers: Ditto, dead shock absorbers have to be changed, if you want to know when to change the shock absorbers of a Acura TL, please have a look at our content on this theme. The price can vary quite a lot, but you will have to count at least 400€
- Wheel alignment: You will have to go to your garage area to have it fixed, it will cost you less than 100€?
- Steering: If you have problems with the handling on Acura TL due to your steering, there might be some elements involved, in such a case you will have to make a whole check-up of these elements, the best is to call a specialist.
To discover more tips on the Acura TL, take a look at the Acura TL category.