Learning to drive a car is not all the time convenient, and often it may seem like a good solution to select an automatic Renault Laguna 2, if it’s for very easy convenience or ease of use, this kind of transmission is becoming more and more wide-spread. Nevertheless, although they may seem like the best choice, there may also be problems with the automatic gearboxes of your Renault Laguna 2 . This is exactly the topic of our content page. First, we’ll quickly show you the different types of automatic gearboxes, then, in a second step, which problems you may face with the gearbox of your Renault Laguna 2 , and, at last, how to resolve them.
The different types of automatic gearbox of a Renault Laguna 2
Gearboxes have the benefit of being known to be reliable, as you don’t need to use your clutch pedal and everything is electronically and mechanically handled there will be no early wear of your clutch or other components that could be put to the test by misuse on your component.
Nevertheless, depending on the kind of automatic transmission your Renault Laguna 2 is equipped with you will have more or less reliability, we will present them to you now:
- Classic automatic gearbox: It will use a torque converter, which will manage the gear changes, it’s the oldest technology, it has evolved quite a lot in the last decades (more gears and a better management of the gear changes).
- Robotized automatic gearbox: This is a manual gearbox with a robotized mechanism that will replace the driver’s action. This kind of gearbox is less and less common because they are thought to be very slow. We also often feel a coupling during deceleration.
- Dual-clutch automatic transmission: This is the greatest automatic transmission, it works on similar principle as the robotic transmission, but thanks to its dual clutch, you won’t have any more problems with slow speeds or increased fuel consumption. They are often fitted on luxury models.
- Continuously variable automatic box: It is similar concept as on a scooter, a variator will come to control the differences between acceleration and motor speed, they are particularly slow and often be unresponsive during the acceleration phases of your Renault Laguna 2.
I’m having problems with the automatic transmission on my Renault Laguna 2
We now begin the component that definitely attracts you the most in this article, what are the problems you may come across with the automatic transmission of your Renault Laguna 2? As mentioned earlier, generally they are more reliable than manual transmissions, however, here are the main problems you may face:
- As explained over, no matter what kind of automatic gearbox, they are often known to be slow and have inertia when accelerating. Nevertheless, this phenomenon is designed to appear only when the car is started, not when it is launched. If it feels like it occurs all the time, the clutch or converter is almost certainly dead.
- I have the impression that a gear in the automatic transmission of my Renault Laguna 2 no longer shifts or jumps: If you have the impression that your gears no longer shift or often jump on your Renault Laguna 2, there is a component that is most likely responsible for this failure. In actual fact, the solenoid that acts as a “switch” to engage the gears must not be working effectively, second option, a speed or engine unit speed sensor may be defective and send the wrong information to your gearbox.
- If you feel drops originating from the automatic gearbox of your Renault Laguna 2: If you feel a clutch when you go up or when you slow down, it is either your oil which is too old and which does not lubricate any more adequately all the mechanisms of your gearbox, or else a sensor which gives bad information
- My Renault Laguna 2’s automatic transmission is leaking: Finally, if your Renault Laguna 2’s automatic transmission is leaking, it’s most likely one of your spy seals is too worn.
How do I fix automatic transmission problems on a Renault Laguna 2?
And finally, we’re going to try to give you the methods to correct the automatic transmission problems on your Renault Laguna 2 . Find them below:
- Oil leak on the automatic gearbox of a Renault Laguna 2: Find the origin of the leak, and replace the concerned gasket, get it conducted by a specialist, opening a gearbox is not easy. It will cost you a few hundred euros, specifically for the labour. Do not think twice to read our content page on gearbox oil leaks on Renault Laguna 2.
- Sensor issue: No matter which sensor is involved, a replacement is the only remedy, sensors do not repair themselves, you should count from 100 to a few hundred euros depending on the difficulty of access to the one that concerns you.
- Couplings: If you have problems with the couplings on your Renault Laguna 2, you will only need to do a whole gearbox replace to gain comfort and preserve your gears.
- The automatic gearbox of my Renault Laguna 2 slips: In this case, you certainly have a dead clutch disc, you will have to replace the clutch, and on some models you won’t have the ability to replace it without doing a standard exchange of the gearbox, be prepared to spend more than a thousand euros.
There are other automatic transmission problems on Renault Laguna 2, such as electronic problems or pressure problems, but this list lists the main ones, no matter the reason, for such difficult mechanisms. As soon as you feel a problem on this level, we recommend you to go fairly quickly to your mechanic.
To get more tips on the Renault Laguna 2, take a look at the Renault Laguna 2 category.