Learning to drive a vehicle is not all the time easy, and sometimes it may seem like a good solution to choose an automatic Peugeot 4008, if it’s for basic comfort or ease of use, this kind of transmission is becoming more and more common. Nevertheless, while they might seem like an excellent choice, there might as well be complications with the automatic gearboxes of your Peugeot 4008 . This is exactly the subject of our content. First, we’ll briefly describe the different types of automatic gearboxes, then, in a second step, which complications you might come across with the gearbox of your Peugeot 4008 , and, at last, how to solve them.
The different types of automatic gearbox of a Peugeot 4008
Gearboxes have the benefit of being reputed to be reliable, as you don’t need to use your clutch pedal and everything is electronically and mechanically controlled there will be no early wear of your clutch or other components that could be put to the test by misuse on your component.
Nevertheless, based on the kind of automatic transmission your Peugeot 4008 is equipped with you will have more or less reliability, we will present them to you now:
- Common automatic gearbox: It will use a torque converter, which will control the gear changes, it’s the oldest technology, it has evolved a lot in the last decades (more gears and a better management of the gear changes).
- Robotized automatic gearbox: This is a manual gearbox with a robotized mechanism that will replace the driver’s action. This kind of gearbox is less and less common because they are viewed as very slow. We as well quite often feel a coupling during deceleration.
- Dual-clutch automatic transmission: This is the ultimate automatic transmission, it functions on similar principle as the robotic transmission, but thanks to its dual clutch, you won’t have any more complications with slow speeds or elevated fuel consumption. They are often fitted on luxury models.
- Continuously variable automatic box: It is similar theory as on a scooter, a variator will come to control the differences between acceleration and motor speed, they are particularly slow and often be unresponsive during the acceleration phases of your Peugeot 4008.
I’m having complications with the automatic transmission on my Peugeot 4008
We now begin the component that absolutely attracts you the most in this article, what are the complications you may face with the automatic transmission of your Peugeot 4008? As mentioned above, generally they are more reliable than manual transmissions, however, here are the most important complications you may come across:
- As explained earlier, no matter what kind of automatic gearbox, they are quite often known to be slow and have inertia when accelerating. Nevertheless, this phenomenon is supposed to occur only when the vehicle is started, not when it is launched. If it feels like it happens all the time, the clutch or converter is probably dead.
- I have the impression that a gear in the automatic transmission of my Peugeot 4008 no longer shifts or jumps: If you have the impression that your gears no longer shift or often jump on your Peugeot 4008, there is a component that is undoubtedly to blame for this failure. In actual fact, the solenoid that works as a “switch” to engage the gears must not be functioning properly, second option, a speed or engine unit speed sensor may be defective and send the wrong information to your gearbox.
- If you experience drops coming from the automatic gearbox of your Peugeot 4008: If you experience a clutch when you go up or when you slow down, it is either your oil which is too old and which does not lubricate any more adequately all the mechanisms of your gearbox, or else a sensor which gives bad info
- My Peugeot 4008’s automatic transmission is leaking: Finally, if your Peugeot 4008’s automatic transmission is leaking, it’s most probably one of your spy seals is too worn.
How do I fix automatic transmission complications on a Peugeot 4008?
And finally, we’re going to try to give you the strategies to fix the automatic transmission complications on your Peugeot 4008 . Find them down below:
- Oil leak on the automatic gearbox of a Peugeot 4008: Locate the source of the leak, and replace the concerned gasket, get it conducted by a specialist, opening a gearbox is not easy. It will cost you a few hundred euros, especially for the labour. Do not think twice to read our content on gearbox oil leaks on Peugeot 4008.
- Sensor problem: No matter which sensor is involved, a replacement is the only solution, sensors do not repair themselves, you should count from 100 to a few hundred euros depending on the difficulty of access to the one that concerns you.
- Couplings: If you have complications with the couplings on your Peugeot 4008, you will only need to do a complete gearbox replace to gain comfort and preserve your gears.
- The automatic gearbox of my Peugeot 4008 slips: In this instance, you certainly have a dead clutch disc, you will have to replace the clutch, and on some models you won’t have the ability to replace it without doing a standard exchange of the gearbox, be prepared to spend more than a thousand euros.
There are other automatic transmission complications on Peugeot 4008, such as electronic problems or pressure complications, but this list lists the most important ones, whatever the case, for such difficult mechanisms. When you feel a problem on this level, we recommend you to go quickly to your mechanic.
If you wish more guides on the Peugeot 4008, go to our Peugeot 4008 category.