Learning to drive a car is not all the time easy, and often it may seem like a good solution to select an automatic Nissan Note, if it’s for basic convenience or ease of use, this type of transmission is becoming more and more wide-spread. However, although they might seem like an ideal solution, there may also be complications with the automatic gearboxes of your Nissan Note . This is exactly the theme of our content page. First, we’ll briefly describe the different types of automatic gearboxes, then, in a second step, which complications you may encounter with the gearbox of your Nissan Note , and, at last, how to resolve them.
The different kind of automatic gearbox of a Nissan Note
Gearboxes have the benefit of being reputed to be trustworthy, as you don’t need to use your clutch pedal and every thing is electronically and mechanically handled there will be no early wear of your clutch or other parts that could be put to the test by misuse on your component.
However, based on the type of automatic transmission your Nissan Note is equipped with you will have more or less reliability, we will expose them to you now:
- Classic automatic gearbox: It will use a torque converter, which will control the gear changes, it’s the oldest technology, it has evolved a lot in the last decades (more gears and a better management of the gear changes).
- Robotized automatic gearbox: This is a manual gearbox with a robotized system that will change the driver’s action. This type of gearbox is less and less common because they are thought to be very slow. We also often feel a coupling during deceleration.
- Dual-clutch automatic transmission: This is the best automatic transmission, it functions on similar principle as the robotic transmission, but thanks to its dual clutch, you won’t have any more complications with slow speeds or elevated fuel consumption. They are often equipped on luxury models.
- Continuously variable automatic box: It is similar concept as on a scooter, a variator will come to control the differences between acceleration and motor speed, they are especially slow and tend to be unresponsive during the acceleration phases of your Nissan Note.
I’m having complications with the automatic transmission on my Nissan Note
We now start the component that absolutely attracts you the most in this article, what are the complications you may face with the automatic transmission of your Nissan Note? As mentioned above, in general they are more reliable than manual transmissions, however, here are the most important complications you may encounter:
- As described above, no matter what type of automatic gearbox, they are often established to be slow and have inertia when accelerating. However, this phenomenon is supposed to appear only when the vehicle is started, not when it is launched. If it feels like it happens all the time, the clutch or converter is most certainly dead.
- I have the feeling that a gear in the automatic transmission of my Nissan Note no longer shifts or jumps: If you have the feeling that your gears no longer shift or tend to jump on your Nissan Note, there is a component that is undoubtedly to blame for this failure. In truth, the solenoid that acts as a “switch” to engage the gears must not be functioning properly, second option, a speed or engine unit speed sensor may be faulty and send the wrong information to your gearbox.
- If you experience drops caused by the automatic gearbox of your Nissan Note: If you experience a clutch when you go up or when you slow down, it is either your oil which is too old and which does not lubricate any more adequately all the mechanisms of your gearbox, or else a sensor which gives bad information
- My Nissan Note’s automatic transmission is leaking: Finally, if your Nissan Note’s automatic transmission is leaking, it’s most likely one of your spy seals is too worn.
How do I fix automatic transmission complications on a Nissan Note?
And finally, we’re going to try to give you the methods to correct the automatic transmission complications on your Nissan Note . Find them down below:
- Oil leak on the automatic gearbox of a Nissan Note: Locate the source of the leak, and change the concerned gasket, get it conducted by a professional, opening a gearbox is not easy. It will cost you a few hundred euros, especially for the labour. Do not think twice to read our content page on gearbox oil leaks on Nissan Note.
- Sensor problem: No matter which sensor is concerned, a replacement is the only remedy, sensors do not repair themselves, you should count from 100 to a few hundred euros dependent on the difficulty of access to the one that concerns you.
- Couplings: If you have complications with the couplings on your Nissan Note, you will only need to do a whole gearbox replace to gain comfort and preserve your gears.
- The automatic gearbox of my Nissan Note slips: In this instance, you clearly have a dead clutch disc, you will have to replace the clutch, and on some models you won’t be able to replace it without doing a standard exchange of the gearbox, be prepared to spend more than a thousand euros.
There are other automatic transmission complications on Nissan Note, such as electronic problems or pressure complications, but this list lists the most important ones, whatever the case, for such difficult mechanisms. As soon as you feel a problem on this level, we recommend you to go fairly quickly to your mechanic.
If you want more tutorials on the Nissan Note, go to our Nissan Note category.