Learning to drive a vehicle is not all the time unproblematic, and often it may seem like a good solution to choose an automatic Nissan Micra 5, if it’s for basic convenience or ease of use, this type of transmission is becoming more and more wide-spread. However, although they might seem like an excellent solution, there might as well be complications with the automatic gearboxes of your Nissan Micra 5 . This is precisely the topic of our content page. First, we’ll briefly show you the different types of automatic gearboxes, then, in a second step, which complications you might come across with the gearbox of your Nissan Micra 5 , and, at last, how to solve them.
The different sort of automatic gearbox of a Nissan Micra 5
Gearboxes have the advantage of being reputed to be reliable, as you don’t need to use your clutch pedal and every thing is electronically and mechanically handled there will be no early wear of your clutch or other elements that could be put to the test by misuse on your component.
However, based on the type of automatic transmission your Nissan Micra 5 is equipped with you will have more or less reliability, we will present them to you now:
- Classic automatic gearbox: It will use a torque converter, which will manage the gear changes, it’s the oldest technology, it has evolved a lot in the last decades (more gears and a better management of the gear changes).
- Robotized automatic gearbox: This is a manual gearbox with a robotized system that will change the driver’s action. This type of gearbox is less and less common because they are viewed as very slow. We as well generally feel a coupling during deceleration.
- Dual-clutch automatic transmission: This is the greatest automatic transmission, it functions on similar concept as the robotic transmission, but thanks to its dual clutch, you won’t have any more complications with slow speeds or elevated fuel consumption. They are often fitted on luxury models.
- Continuously variable automatic box: It is similar principle as on a scooter, a variator will come to control the differences between acceleration and motor speed, they are really slow and often be unresponsive during the acceleration phases of your Nissan Micra 5.
I’m having complications with the automatic transmission on my Nissan Micra 5
We now begin the component that definitely attracts you the most in this article, what are the complications you may encounter with the automatic transmission of your Nissan Micra 5? As mentioned above, generally they are more reliable than manual transmissions, nevertheless, here are the main complications you may come across:
- As revealed above, no matter what type of automatic gearbox, they are generally established to be slow and have inertia when accelerating. However, this phenomenon is supposed to appear only when the vehicle is started, not when it is launched. If it feels like it comes about constantly, the clutch or converter is almost certainly dead.
- I have the impression that a gear in the automatic transmission of my Nissan Micra 5 no longer shifts or jumps: If you have the impression that your gears no longer shift or often jump on your Nissan Micra 5, there is a component that is most likely to blame for this failure. In fact, the solenoid that acts as a “switch” to engage the gears must not be functioning properly, second option, a speed or engine speed sensor may be faulty and send the wrong information to your gearbox.
- If you experience drops caused by the automatic gearbox of your Nissan Micra 5: If you experience a clutch when you go up or when you slow down, it is either your oil which is too old and which does not lubricate any more adequately all the mechanisms of your gearbox, or else a sensor which gives bad info
- My Nissan Micra 5’s automatic transmission is leaking: At last, if your Nissan Micra 5’s automatic transmission is leaking, it’s most likely one of your spy seals is too worn.
How do I fix automatic transmission complications on a Nissan Micra 5?
And finally, we’re going to try to give you the solutions to fix the automatic transmission complications on your Nissan Micra 5 . Find them below:
- Oil leak on the automatic gearbox of a Nissan Micra 5: Locate the origin of the leak, and change the concerned gasket, get it conducted by a professional, opening a gearbox is not easy. It will cost you a few hundred euros, especially for the labour. Do not hesitate to read our content page on gearbox oil leaks on Nissan Micra 5.
- Sensor issue: No matter which sensor is involved, a replacement is the only remedy, sensors do not repair themselves, you should count from 100 to a few hundred euros dependent on the difficulty of access to the one that concerns you.
- Couplings: If you have complications with the couplings on your Nissan Micra 5, you will only need to do a complete gearbox replace to gain comfort and preserve your gears.
- The automatic gearbox of my Nissan Micra 5 slips: In this instance, you most certainly have a dead clutch disc, you will have to replace the clutch, and on some models you won’t be able to replace it without doing a standard exchange of the gearbox, be prepared to spend more than a thousand euros.
There are other automatic transmission complications on Nissan Micra 5, such as electronic problems or pressure complications, but this list lists the main ones, no matter the reason, for such complex mechanisms. Once you feel a problem on this level, we suggest you to go fairly quickly to your mechanic.
If you wish more guides on the Nissan Micra 5, go to our Nissan Micra 5 category.