Learning to drive a car is not always easy, and often it may seem like a good solution to select an automatic Lincoln MKC, whether it’s for very easy convenience or ease of use, this sort of transmission is becoming more and more prevailing. However, while they might seem like the best choice, there might as well be problems with the automatic gearboxes of your Lincoln MKC . This is exactly the theme of our article. First, we’ll briefly explain the different types of automatic gearboxes, then, in a second step, which problems you might face with the gearbox of your Lincoln MKC , and, finally, how to fix them.
The different kind of automatic gearbox of a Lincoln MKC
Gearboxes have the advantage of being known to be reliable, as you don’t need to use your clutch pedal and every thing is electronically and mechanically controlled there will be no premature wear of your clutch or other elements that could be put to the test by misuse on your component.
However, based on the sort of automatic transmission your Lincoln MKC is equipped with you will have more or less reliability, we will expose them to you now:
- Classic automatic gearbox: It will use a torque converter, which will control the gear changes, it’s the oldest technology, it has evolved a lot in the last decades (more gears and a better management of the gear changes).
- Robotized automatic gearbox: This is a manual gearbox with a robotized system that will change the driver’s action. This sort of gearbox is less and less common because they are viewed as very slow. We as well quite often feel a coupling during deceleration.
- Dual-clutch automatic transmission: This is the greatest automatic transmission, it functions on similar concept as the robotic transmission, but thanks to its dual clutch, you won’t have any more problems with slow speeds or elevated fuel consumption. They are often equipped on luxury models.
- Continuously variable automatic box: It is similar principle as on a scooter, a variator will come to control the differences between acceleration and motor speed, they are particularly slow and often be unresponsive during the acceleration phases of your Lincoln MKC.
I’m having problems with the automatic transmission on my Lincoln MKC
We now start the component that surely attracts you the most in this article, what are the problems you may come across with the automatic transmission of your Lincoln MKC? As outlined earlier, generally speaking they are more reliable than manual transmissions, however, here are the main problems you may face:
- As revealed earlier, no matter what sort of automatic gearbox, they are quite often known to be slow and have inertia when accelerating. However, this phenomenon is designed to occur only when the vehicle is started, not when it is launched. If it feels like it occurs constantly, the clutch or converter is probably dead.
- I have the impression that a gear in the automatic transmission of my Lincoln MKC no longer shifts or jumps: If you have the impression that your gears no longer shift or often jump on your Lincoln MKC, there is a component that is most likely responsible for this failure. In actual fact, the solenoid that acts as a “switch” to engage the gears must not be working effectively, second option, a speed or engine unit speed sensor may be defective and send the wrong information to your gearbox.
- If you feel drops caused by the automatic gearbox of your Lincoln MKC: If you feel a clutch when you go up or when you slow down, it is either your oil which is too old and which does not lubricate any more adequately all the mechanisms of your gearbox, or else a sensor which gives bad information
- My Lincoln MKC’s automatic transmission is leaking: At last, if your Lincoln MKC’s automatic transmission is leaking, it’s most probably one of your spy seals is too worn.
How do I fix automatic transmission problems on a Lincoln MKC?
And finally, we’re going to try to give you the techniques to correct the automatic transmission problems on your Lincoln MKC . Find them just below:
- Oil leak on the automatic gearbox of a Lincoln MKC: Find the origin of the leak, and change the concerned gasket, get it done by a professional, opening a gearbox is not easy. It will cost you a few hundred euros, specifically for the labour. Do not hesitate to read our article on gearbox oil leaks on Lincoln MKC.
- Sensor problem: No matter which sensor is involved, a replacement is the only remedy, sensors do not repair themselves, you should count from 100 to a few hundred euros according to the difficulty of access to the one that worries you.
- Couplings: If you have problems with the couplings on your Lincoln MKC, you will only need to do a whole gearbox replace to gain comfort and preserve your gears.
- The automatic gearbox of my Lincoln MKC slips: In this case, you certainly have a dead clutch disc, you will have to replace the clutch, and on some models you won’t have the ability to replace it without doing a standard exchange of the gearbox, be prepared to spend more than a thousand euros.
There are other automatic transmission problems on Lincoln MKC, such as electronic problems or pressure problems, but this list lists the main ones, whatever the case, for such difficult mechanisms. As soon as you feel a problem on this level, we recommend you to go quickly to your mechanic.
To find more tips on the Lincoln MKC, take a look at the Lincoln MKC category.