Learning to drive a car is not always convenient, and often it may seem like a good solution to choose an automatic Ds Ds 5, whether it’s for very easy comfort or ease of use, this sort of transmission is becoming more and more common. Nevertheless, although they might seem like a perfect solution, there may as well be problems with the automatic gearboxes of your Ds Ds 5 . This is precisely the topic of our content page. First, we’ll quickly explain the different types of automatic gearboxes, then, in a second step, which problems you may face with the gearbox of your Ds Ds 5 , and, at last, how to resolve them.
The different kind of automatic gearbox of a Ds Ds 5
Gearboxes have the benefit of being known to be trustworthy, as you don’t need to use your clutch pedal and everything is electronically and mechanically managed there will be no premature wear of your clutch or other parts that could be put to the test by misuse on your part.
Nevertheless, based on the sort of automatic transmission your Ds Ds 5 is equipped with you will have more or less reliability, we will introduce them to you now:
- Classic automatic gearbox: It will use a torque converter, which will manage the gear changes, it’s the oldest technology, it has evolved a lot in the last decades (more gears and a better management of the gear changes).
- Robotized automatic gearbox: This is a manual gearbox with a robotized system that will change the driver’s action. This sort of gearbox is less and less general because they are viewed as very slow. We as well quite often feel a coupling during deceleration.
- Dual-clutch automatic transmission: This is the best automatic transmission, it works on the same concept as the robotic transmission, but thanks to its dual clutch, you won’t have any more problems with slow speeds or increased fuel consumption. They are often equipped on luxury models.
- Continuously variable automatic box: It is the same concept as on a scooter, a variator will come to control the differences between acceleration and motor speed, they are especially slow and often be unresponsive during the acceleration phases of your Ds Ds 5.
I’m having problems with the automatic transmission on my Ds Ds 5
We now start the part that surely attracts you the most in this article, what are the problems you may encounter with the automatic transmission of your Ds Ds 5? As revealed earlier, generally they are more reliable than manual transmissions, however, here are the most important problems you may face:
- As revealed earlier, no matter what sort of automatic gearbox, they are quite often known to be slow and have inertia when accelerating. Nevertheless, this phenomenon is designed to happen only when the car is started, not when it is launched. If it feels like it comes about all the time, the clutch or converter is almost certainly dead.
- I have the feeling that a gear in the automatic transmission of my Ds Ds 5 no longer shifts or jumps: If you have the feeling that your gears no longer shift or often jump on your Ds Ds 5, there is a part that is most certainly to blame for this failure. In truth, the solenoid that acts as a “switch” to engage the gears must not be working properly, second option, a speed or engine unit speed sensor may be faulty and send the wrong information to your gearbox.
- If you feel drops originating from the automatic gearbox of your Ds Ds 5: If you feel a clutch when you go up or when you slow down, it is either your oil which is too old and which does not lubricate any more adequately all the mechanisms of your gearbox, or else a sensor which gives bad info
- My Ds Ds 5’s automatic transmission is leaking: At last, if your Ds Ds 5’s automatic transmission is leaking, it’s most probably one of your spy seals is too worn.
How do I fix automatic transmission problems on a Ds Ds 5?
And finally, we’re going to try to give you the techniques to fix the automatic transmission problems on your Ds Ds 5 . Find them below:
- Oil leak on the automatic gearbox of a Ds Ds 5: Discover the origin of the leak, and change the concerned gasket, get it conducted by a professional, opening a gearbox is not easy. It will cost you a few hundred euros, especially for the labour. Do not hesitate to read our content page on gearbox oil leaks on Ds Ds 5.
- Sensor problem: No matter which sensor is involved, a replacement is the only remedy, sensors do not repair themselves, you should count from 100 to a few hundred euros according to the difficulty of access to the one that concerns you.
- Couplings: If you have problems with the couplings on your Ds Ds 5, you will only need to do a complete gearbox change to gain comfort and preserve your gears.
- The automatic gearbox of my Ds Ds 5 slips: In this case, you clearly have a dead clutch disc, you will have to change the clutch, and on some models you won’t be able to change it without doing a standard exchange of the gearbox, be prepared to spend more than a thousand euros.
There are other automatic transmission problems on Ds Ds 5, such as electronic problems or pressure problems, but this list lists the most important ones, no matter the reason, for such difficult mechanisms. As soon as you feel a problem on this level, we suggest you to go fairly quickly to your mechanic.
If you need more guides on the Ds Ds 5, go to our Ds Ds 5 category.