Learning to drive a vehicle is not constantly easy, and often it may seem like a good solution to select an automatic Audi Sq7, whether it’s for simple comfort or ease of use, this type of transmission is becoming more and more known. Nevertheless, while they may seem like an excellent choice, there may possibly as well be problems with the automatic gearboxes of your Audi Sq7 . This is precisely the theme of our content. First, we’ll quickly show you the different types of automatic gearboxes, then, in a second step, which problems you may possibly encounter with the gearbox of your Audi Sq7 , and, finally, how to solve them.
The different kind of automatic gearbox of a Audi Sq7
Gearboxes have the advantage of being known to be reliable, as you don’t need to use your clutch pedal and every thing is electronically and mechanically handled there will be no premature wear of your clutch or other elements that could be put to the test by misuse on your component.
Nevertheless, depending on the type of automatic transmission your Audi Sq7 is equipped with you will have more or less reliability, we will expose them to you now:
- Common automatic gearbox: It will use a torque converter, which will control the gear changes, it’s the oldest technology, it has evolved a lot in the last decades (more gears and a better management of the gear changes).
- Robotized automatic gearbox: This is a manual gearbox with a robotized mechanism that will change the driver’s action. This type of gearbox is less and less basic because they are considered very slow. We as well often feel a coupling during deceleration.
- Dual-clutch automatic transmission: This is the ultimate automatic transmission, it functions on the same concept as the robotic transmission, but thanks to its dual clutch, you won’t have any more problems with slow speeds or increased fuel consumption. They are often fitted on luxury models.
- Continuously variable automatic box: It is the same theory as on a scooter, a variator will come to control the differences between acceleration and motor speed, they are especially slow and often be unresponsive during the acceleration phases of your Audi Sq7.
I’m having problems with the automatic transmission on my Audi Sq7
We now begin the component that surely attracts you the most in this post, what are the problems you may face with the automatic transmission of your Audi Sq7? As explained earlier, generally they are more reliable than manual transmissions, however, here are the most important problems you may encounter:
- As explained above, no matter what type of automatic gearbox, they are often established to be slow and have inertia when accelerating. Nevertheless, this phenomenon is supposed to appear only when the car is started, not when it is launched. If it feels like it occurs all the time, the clutch or converter is most likely dead.
- I have the impression that a gear in the automatic transmission of my Audi Sq7 no longer shifts or jumps: If you have the impression that your gears no longer shift or often jump on your Audi Sq7, there is a component that is undoubtedly to blame for this failure. In fact, the solenoid that acts as a “switch” to engage the gears must not be working properly, second option, a speed or engine speed sensor may be faulty and send the wrong information to your gearbox.
- If you feel drops coming from the automatic gearbox of your Audi Sq7: If you feel a clutch when you go up or when you slow down, it is either your oil which is too old and which does not lubricate any more adequately all the mechanisms of your gearbox, or else a sensor which gives bad info
- My Audi Sq7’s automatic transmission is leaking: At last, if your Audi Sq7’s automatic transmission is leaking, it’s most probably one of your spy seals is too worn.
How do I fix automatic transmission problems on a Audi Sq7?
And finally, we’re going to try to give you the solutions to resolve the automatic transmission problems on your Audi Sq7 . Find them down below:
- Oil leak on the automatic gearbox of a Audi Sq7: Find the origin of the leak, and change the concerned gasket, get it achieved by a professional, opening a gearbox is not easy. It will cost you a few hundred euros, specifically for the labour. Do not hesitate to read our content on gearbox oil leaks on Audi Sq7.
- Sensor issue: No matter which sensor is concerned, a replacement is the only solution, sensors do not repair themselves, you should count from 100 to a few hundred euros dependent on the difficulty of access to the one that worries you.
- Couplings: If you have problems with the couplings on your Audi Sq7, you will only need to do a complete gearbox change to gain comfort and preserve your gears.
- The automatic gearbox of my Audi Sq7 slips: In this case, you most certainly have a dead clutch disc, you will have to change the clutch, and on some models you won’t have the ability to change it without doing a standard exchange of the gearbox, be prepared to spend more than a thousand euros.
There are other automatic transmission problems on Audi Sq7, such as electronic problems or pressure problems, but this list lists the most important ones, in any case, for such difficult mechanisms. When you feel a problem on this level, we recommend you to go fairly quickly to your mechanic.
If you need more guides on the Audi Sq7, go to our Audi Sq7 category.