Taking care of your vehicle is necessary, if it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these routine service acts are unavoidable, such as brake service, and we’ll just discover what price to replace the brake discs of a Volvo XC60 . Even if it is hard to give you an exact price, we will first show you the purpose of the brake discs of a car, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Volvo XC60, and finally, why and when to replace its discs.
Purpose of the brake discs of a Volvo XC60
Before we discover the cost of changing the brake discs on your Volvo XC60, we will show you what their role is. They are an integral part of your braking system and make sure your security on the road. This braking element is a consumable, this part will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Volvo XC60. There are two different braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a sort of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the vehicle, frequently equipped on old vehicles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name signifies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Volvo XC60 . As time passes and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less powerful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Volvo XC60
We’ll now proceed to the part you’re probably most interested in. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Volvo XC60? It is important to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, generally your car will be equipped with them at the front, and not always at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is concentrated on the front of the car it is necessary to have them in good functioning conditions. We are going to describe the different possibilities available to you to replace the brake discs of your Volvo XC60 and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is actually the most expensive, if you have already had to cope with a garage of the brand of your Volvo XC60 you should know that the services are constantly substantially more expensive. We assure you an expertise which is not constantly there and which in any case is not required for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Volvo XC60 at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros based on the finish of your car.
- To complete by a car center or an independent garage is a solution more and more appreciated by the car owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Volvo XC60 while reducing the bill. It is expected that changing the brake discs of a Volvo XC60 in this type of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- Finally, it is possible to replace your brake discs on your own , with some expertise the task is not very complex and you will find tutorials on the internet. To accomplish this, you just have to buy the part. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Volvo XC60?
As we mentioned in the introduction, the brake discs on your Volvo XC60 are wear parts. It is expected that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km based on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can warn you to the need to replace the brake discs on your Volvo XC60:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, remember to check the level of brake fluid in your Volvo XC60, do not hesitate to seek advice from our content on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
To get more tips on the Volvo XC60, take a look at the Volvo XC60 category.