Caring for your automobile is fundamental, if it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these maintenance works are unavoidable, such as brake service, and we’ll just discover what price to replace the brake discs of a Volkswagen Golf 7 . Regardless if it is complicated to give you an exact cost, we will first describe the role of the brake discs of a car, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Volkswagen Golf 7, and finally, why and when to change its discs.
Purpose of the brake discs of a Volkswagen Golf 7
Before we discover the cost of changing the brake discs on your Volkswagen Golf 7, we will describe what their role is. They are an integral part of your braking system and assure your safety on the road. This braking element is a consumable, this part will have to be changed depending to the use you have of your Volkswagen Golf 7. There are two different braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a sort of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the automobile, very often equipped on old automobiles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name signifies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Volkswagen Golf 7 . Over time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less useful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Volkswagen Golf 7
We’ll now proceed to the part you’re most likely most enthusiastic about. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Volkswagen Golf 7? It is essential to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, in general your car will be built with them at the front, and not automatically at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a motor vehicle is concentrated on the front of the car it is fundamental to have them in good working conditions. We are going to summarize the different possibilities available to you to change the brake discs of your Volkswagen Golf 7 and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is necessarily the most costly, if you have already had to deal with a mechanic of the brand of your Volkswagen Golf 7 you should know that the services are constantly considerably higher priced. We assure you an expertise which is not constantly there and which whatever the case is not necessary for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Volkswagen Golf 7 at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros based on the finish of your car.
- To pass by a car center or an independent mechanic is a solution more and more appreciated by the car owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Volkswagen Golf 7 although lowering the bill. It is estimated that changing the brake discs of a Volkswagen Golf 7 in this kind of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- At last, it is possible to change your brake discs by yourself , with some knowledge the task is not very difficult and you will locate guides on the web. To accomplish this, you just have to buy the part. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Volkswagen Golf 7?
As we mentioned in the introduction, the brake discs on your Volkswagen Golf 7 are wear parts. It is estimated that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km based on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signs can alert you to the need to change the brake discs on your Volkswagen Golf 7:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, make sure to verify the level of brake fluid in your Volkswagen Golf 7, do not think twice to consult our content page on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
If you wish more guides on the Volkswagen Golf 7, go to our Volkswagen Golf 7 category.