Taking care of your vehicle is important, whether it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these routine service works are inevitable, such as brake service, and we’ll just find out what price to replace the brake discs of a Toyota RAV4 . Regardless if it is hard to give you an exact price, we will first show you the purpose of the brake discs of a car, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Toyota RAV4, and at last, why and when to change its discs.
Function of the brake discs of a Toyota RAV4
Before we find out the cost of changing the brake discs on your Toyota RAV4, we will show you what their function is. They are an integral component of your braking system and ensure your safety on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this component will have to be changed depending to the use you have of your Toyota RAV4. There are two specific braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a kind of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the vehicle, very often equipped on old automobiles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name implies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Toyota RAV4 . With time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less powerful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Toyota RAV4
We’ll now proceed to the component you’re likely most enthusiastic about. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Toyota RAV4? It is necessary to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, generally your car will be built with them at the front, and not always at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a motor vehicle is concentrated on the front of the car it is important to have them in good working conditions. We are going to explain the different possibilities available to you to change the brake discs of your Toyota RAV4 and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is necessarily the most costly, if you have already had to cope with a garage area of the brand of your Toyota RAV4 you should know that the services are constantly significantly more costly. We assure you an expertise which is not constantly there and which no matter the reason is not necessary for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Toyota RAV4 at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your car.
- To pass by a car center or an independent garage area is a solution more and more appreciated by the car owners, for some they enable to keep the guarantee of your Toyota RAV4 although reducing the bill. It is estimated that changing the brake discs of a Toyota RAV4 in this type of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- At last, it is possible to change your brake discs on your own , with some know-how the process is not very difficult and you will locate guides on the net. For this, you only have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Toyota RAV4?
As we mentioned in the introduction, the brake discs on your Toyota RAV4 are wear auto parts. It is estimated that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can warn you to the need to change the brake discs on your Toyota RAV4:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, remember to verify the level of brake fluid in your Toyota RAV4, do not think twice to seek advice from our article on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
To get more tips on the Toyota RAV4, take a look at the Toyota RAV4 category.