Looking after your car is important, if it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unpredicted expenses. Some of these routine service works are inevitable, such as brake maintenance, and we’ll just find out what price to replace the brake discs of a Toyota Highlander . Regardless if it is difficult to give you an exact price, we will first explain the role of the brake discs of a car, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Toyota Highlander, and finally, why and when to change its discs.
Purpose of the brake discs of a Toyota Highlander
Before we find out the cost of changing the brake discs on your Toyota Highlander, we will explain what their role is. They are an integral component of your braking system and assure your safety on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this component will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Toyota Highlander. There are two distinct braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a kind of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the car, frequently equipped on old vehicles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name indicates, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Toyota Highlander . Over time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less powerful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Toyota Highlander
We’ll now move on to the component you’re likely most keen on. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Toyota Highlander? It is essential to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, generally your car will be equipped with them at the front, and not always at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is concentrated on the front of the car it is important to have them in good functioning order. We are going to explain the different possibilities available to you to change the brake discs of your Toyota Highlander and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is actually the most high-priced, if you have already had to cope with a garage area of the brand of your Toyota Highlander you should know that the services are always considerably higher priced. We assure you an expertise which is not always there and which no matter the reason is not required for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Toyota Highlander at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your car.
- To complete by a car center or an independent garage area is a solution more and more appreciated by the car owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Toyota Highlander while lowering the bill. It is estimated that changing the brake discs of a Toyota Highlander in this type of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- Finally, it is possible to change your brake discs by yourself , with some know-how the operation is not very difficult and you will locate tutorials on the internet. To achieve this, you only have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Toyota Highlander?
As we revealed in the introduction, the brake discs on your Toyota Highlander are wear parts. It is estimated that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can warn you to the need to change the brake discs on your Toyota Highlander:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, remember to verify the level of brake fluid in your Toyota Highlander, do not hesitate to seek advice from our article on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
To discover more tips on the Toyota Highlander, take a look at the Toyota Highlander category.