Caring for your car is fundamental, if it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unpredicted expenses. Some of these maintenance acts are unavoidable, such as brake service, and we’ll just find out what price to replace the brake discs of a Toyota Auris . Even if it is complicated to give you an exact price, we will first describe the purpose of the brake discs of a car, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Toyota Auris, and finally, why and when to replace its discs.
Function of the brake discs of a Toyota Auris
Before we find out the cost of changing the brake discs on your Toyota Auris, we will describe what their function is. They are an integral component of your braking system and assure your safety on the road. This braking element is a consumable, this component will have to be changed depending to the use you have of your Toyota Auris. There are two specific braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a sort of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the car, very often equipped on old automobiles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name signifies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Toyota Auris . Over time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less useful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Toyota Auris
We’ll now proceed to the component you’re most certainly most enthusiastic about. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Toyota Auris? It is necessary to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, in general your car will be built with them at the front, and not automatically at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is concentrated on the front of the car it is fundamental to have them in good functioning order. We are going to illustrate the different possibilities available to you to replace the brake discs of your Toyota Auris and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is necessarily the most costly, if you have already had to cope with a mechanic of the brand of your Toyota Auris you should know that the services are constantly significantly higher priced. We assure you an expertise which is not constantly there and which in any case is not necessary for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Toyota Auris at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your car.
- To complete by a car center or an independent mechanic is a solution more and more appreciated by the car owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Toyota Auris although lowering the bill. It is expected that changing the brake discs of a Toyota Auris in this type of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- Finally, it is possible to replace your brake discs on your own , with some know-how the task is not very complex and you will find tutorials on the net. To do this, you just have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Toyota Auris?
As we revealed in the introduction, the brake discs on your Toyota Auris are wear auto parts. It is expected that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can notify you to the need to replace the brake discs on your Toyota Auris:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, make sure to check the level of brake fluid in your Toyota Auris, do not hesitate to seek advice from our content on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
If you need more guides on the Toyota Auris, go to our Toyota Auris category.