Looking after your automobile is fundamental, whether it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unpredicted expenses. Some of these maintenance acts are inevitable, such as brake maintenance, and we’ll just find out what price to replace the brake discs of a Renault Twizy . Even if it is difficult to give you an exact price, we will first explain the purpose of the brake discs of a motor vehicle, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Renault Twizy, and finally, why and when to replace its discs.
Role of the brake discs of a Renault Twizy
Before we find out the cost of changing the brake discs on your Renault Twizy, we will explain what their purpose is. They are an integral component of your braking system and ensure your safety on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this component will have to be changed depending to the use you have of your Renault Twizy. There are two specific braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a kind of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the automobile, frequently equipped on old automobiles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name signifies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Renault Twizy . As time passes and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less useful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Renault Twizy
We’ll now proceed to the component you’re likely most interested in. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Renault Twizy? It is important to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, in general your motor vehicle will be equipped with them at the front, and not necessarily at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is focused on the front of the motor vehicle it is fundamental to have them in good functioning order. We are going to summarize the different possibilities available to you to replace the brake discs of your Renault Twizy and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is actually the priciest, if you have already had to deal with a garage of the brand of your Renault Twizy you should know that the services are always substantially more costly. We guarantee you an expertise which is not always there and which no matter the reason is not required for many services such as changing the brake disc. Nevertheless, changing the brake discs of your Renault Twizy at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros based on the finish of your motor vehicle.
- To complete by a motor vehicle center or an independent garage is a solution more and more appreciated by the motor vehicle owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Renault Twizy although lowering the bill. It is expected that changing the brake discs of a Renault Twizy in this kind of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- At last, it is possible to replace your brake discs on your own , with some expertise the process is not very difficult and you will discover tutorials on the internet. To accomplish this, you just have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Renault Twizy?
As we revealed in the introduction, the brake discs on your Renault Twizy are wear parts. It is expected that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km based on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signs can notify you to the need to replace the brake discs on your Renault Twizy:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, remember to verify the level of brake fluid in your Renault Twizy, do not think twice to consult our article on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
If you have any additional questions about the Renault Twizy, do not hesitate to consult our Renault Twizy category.