Caring for your car is important, whether it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these maintenance acts are unavoidable, such as brake maintenance, and we’ll just see what price to replace the brake discs of a Nissan Versa . Even if it is hard to give you an exact cost, we will first describe the function of the brake discs of a motor vehicle, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Nissan Versa, and at last, why and when to replace its discs.
Function of the brake discs of a Nissan Versa
Before we see the cost of changing the brake discs on your Nissan Versa, we will describe what their function is. They are an integral part of your braking system and ensure your security on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this part will have to be changed depending to the use you have of your Nissan Versa. There are two different braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a kind of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the car, frequently equipped on old vehicles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name suggests, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Nissan Versa . As time passes and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less useful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Nissan Versa
We’ll now move on to the part you’re probably most interested in. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Nissan Versa? It is necessary to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, in general your motor vehicle will be built with them at the front, and not always at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a motor vehicle is focused on the front of the motor vehicle it is important to have them in good working order. We are going to explain the different possibilities available to you to replace the brake discs of your Nissan Versa and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is actually the most expensive, if you have already had to cope with a garage of the brand of your Nissan Versa you should know that the services are always substantially more costly. We guarantee you an expertise which is not always there and which no matter the reason is not required for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Nissan Versa at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your motor vehicle.
- To complete by a motor vehicle center or an independent garage is a solution more and more appreciated by the motor vehicle owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Nissan Versa although limiting the bill. It is estimated that changing the brake discs of a Nissan Versa in this type of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- At last, it is possible to replace your brake discs on your own , with some knowledge the operation is not very complex and you will find courses on the internet. To do so, you only have to buy the part. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Nissan Versa?
As we mentioned in the introduction, the brake discs on your Nissan Versa are wear parts. It is estimated that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can inform you to the need to replace the brake discs on your Nissan Versa:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, make sure to verify the level of brake fluid in your Nissan Versa, do not hesitate to consult our content on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Nissan Versa, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Versa category.