Looking after your automobile is necessary, if it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unexpected expenses. Some of these routine service works are unavoidable, such as brake maintenance, and we’ll just discover what price to replace the brake discs of a Nissan NV200 . Even if it is hard to give you an exact price, we will first show you the purpose of the brake discs of a car, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Nissan NV200, and finally, why and when to change its discs.
Function of the brake discs of a Nissan NV200
Before we discover the cost of changing the brake discs on your Nissan NV200, we will show you what their role is. They are an integral component of your braking system and ensure your security on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this component will have to be changed depending to the use you have of your Nissan NV200. There are two distinct braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a sort of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the automobile, frequently equipped on old vehicles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name implies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Nissan NV200 . As time passes and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less efficient.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Nissan NV200
We’ll now move on to the component you’re most likely most keen on. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Nissan NV200? It is necessary to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, generally speaking your car will be equipped with them at the front, and not always at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a motor vehicle is focused on the front of the car it is necessary to have them in good functioning order. We are going to illustrate the different possibilities available to you to change the brake discs of your Nissan NV200 and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is necessarily the priciest, if you have already had to deal with a mechanic of the brand of your Nissan NV200 you should know that the services are always significantly more costly. We assure you an expertise which is not always there and which whatever the case is not required for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Nissan NV200 at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your car.
- To pass by a car center or an independent mechanic is a solution more and more appreciated by the car owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Nissan NV200 while limiting the bill. It is estimated that changing the brake discs of a Nissan NV200 in this kind of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- Finally, it is possible to change your brake discs on your own , with some know-how the operation is not very difficult and you will find tutorials on the net. To accomplish this, you just have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Nissan NV200?
As we stated in the introduction, the brake discs on your Nissan NV200 are wear auto parts. It is estimated that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can inform you to the need to change the brake discs on your Nissan NV200:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, remember to verify the level of brake fluid in your Nissan NV200, do not hesitate to consult our content on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
If you have any additional questions about the Nissan NV200, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan NV200 category.